https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/28240-assigning_page_numbers.html

Assigning page numbers
Thread poster: Katy62
Katy62
Katy62
Local time: 10:37
English to German
+ ...
Jan 10, 2005

Hi,
I had to type a large document and used automatic page numbers in the footnote. Now my boss added another page somewhere in the middle. He doesn't want to print the whole document again (because there now is an additional page and the numbering has shifted) so he simply named the page
145/1... I saved this page 145/1 separately but would prefer to have it as one document. How can I do this so that the document has the automatic pages... 143, 144, 145, 145/1, 146, and so on. Is t
... See more
Hi,
I had to type a large document and used automatic page numbers in the footnote. Now my boss added another page somewhere in the middle. He doesn't want to print the whole document again (because there now is an additional page and the numbering has shifted) so he simply named the page
145/1... I saved this page 145/1 separately but would prefer to have it as one document. How can I do this so that the document has the automatic pages... 143, 144, 145, 145/1, 146, and so on. Is this even possible? Thanks for your help.
Collapse

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
I moved the topic... Jan 10, 2005

to the MS Office Applications forum....I'm assuming that your question relates to MS Word?

Magda

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
Assign sections Jan 10, 2005

Assign a separate section to the inserted page and to the rest of the document following that page.

Select page numbering on the page after the inserted page and select numbering of that section and start with... write in 146.

That way, the first section of the document will be numbered 1-145 (the pages before the inserted page)
the second section (the inserted page) will have a manually inserted "number" 145/1
the third section will be numbered 146-XXX
... See more
Assign a separate section to the inserted page and to the rest of the document following that page.

Select page numbering on the page after the inserted page and select numbering of that section and start with... write in 146.

That way, the first section of the document will be numbered 1-145 (the pages before the inserted page)
the second section (the inserted page) will have a manually inserted "number" 145/1

I hope this is clear. It's not easy to explain in a few words...

HTH
Pawel Skalinski
Collapse

Katy62
Katy62
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Page numbering Jan 10, 2005

PAS wrote:

I hope this is clear. It's not easy to explain in a few words...

HTH
Pawel Skalinski

Thanks, Pawel, I think I know what you mean. I will give it a try.

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 02:37
Dutch to English
+ ...
One addition Jan 11, 2005

Once you have separated that page with a section break before and after, you have to "view" the header or footer and delete the notation "same as before" on that page and also on the next page. On the next page you then have to indicate where you want the numbering to start.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Assigning page numbers

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »