Thread poster: Marisa Condurso de Nohara
Marisa Condurso de Nohara
Marisa Condurso de Nohara  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 18, 2005

I have checked and unchecked all the features needed to view pictures while in Word 2000. I can only see them in the Preliminary View. While in other modes, I only see the links of any picture. I have followed the instructions suggested by a moderator to a question similar to mine from another member, without success. What can I do?

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:54
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Jan 18, 2005

Could you please explain what do you mean by the "links of any picture"? The links to the picture location?

Lila del Cerro
Lila del Cerro  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
line spacing Jan 18, 2005

I've sometimes found that if you are not using single spacing in the Word file you won't be able to see the pictures. Try changing the paragraph format to single spacing. I hope this helps.

The best

Lila

CNF
CNF
Try this Jan 19, 2005

Hi :^)

If by "link" you mean an code between { }, then stand with the cursor on the code, within the { }, and press Shift+F9. If that doesn't do the trick, I can have a look at your file and see if I can help -and then post the answer here, of course

HTH!
Naty

ALSO: Tools > O
... See more
Hi :^)

If by "link" you mean an code between { }, then stand with the cursor on the code, within the { }, and press Shift+F9. If that doesn't do the trick, I can have a look at your file and see if I can help -and then post the answer here, of course

HTH!
Naty

ALSO: Tools > Options > View > Show codes (or maybe in English it says "Field Codes", "Códigos de Campo" in Spanish) uncheck that option

[Edited at 2005-01-19 18:06]
Collapse

Jackie Bowman
Jackie Bowman

Local time: 16:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Or try this ... Jan 23, 2005

I’m not entirely sure what your question means, but the answer might be this:

Go to Tools > Options > the View tab > Print and web layout options. Check the “Drawings” box.

In my version of Word this only works in the “Print Layout” view, not the “Normal” view.

Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:54
English to Polish
+ ...
amazing Jan 23, 2005

Jack Bowman wrote:

I’m not entirely sure what your question means, but the answer might be this:

Go to Tools > Options > the View tab > Print and web layout options. Check the “Drawings” box.

In my version of Word this only works in the “Print Layout” view, not the “Normal” view.

I was amazed when after printing my translation and trying to authorise it I saw a picture that hadn't been there when the translation had been under way. The drawing was seen in print preview and checking the "Drawings" box made it appear just as you wrote.

Thanks

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2000: Pictures do not display

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »