How to restore language bar
Thread poster: Natasha Stoyanova

Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:39
Member (2002)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Jan 22, 2005

My language bar suddenly disappeared from the toolbar. Right click on the toolbar do not show it under toolbars as well. How to restore it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:39
Spanish
+ ...
Language bar Jan 22, 2005

Hello,

Go to control panel, then click on date, time and reg. options. Then click on Regional Options, you'll see a window. Clik on the languages tab, the middle one.

Click on Details and choose the languages you will use on the Settings tab. Finally, click on Language Bar and check Show the language bar. That should work.

Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:39
Member (2002)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 22, 2005

for the explanation, but the problem is still not solved. I mean that everything is OK with settings - I can switch between languages choosen with the Key sequence, but the Language Bar under the Details is not active, so I cannot check it to be shown.

DeeJay137
Local time: 07:39
German to English
+ ...
Had the same problem, this worked for me! Feb 25, 2005

AmusedNath wrote:

My language bar suddenly disappeared from the toolbar. Right click on the toolbar do not show it under toolbars as well. How to restore it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

This has worked for me:

Go to 'Control Panel' > 'Regional and Language Options' > 'Language' tab > 'Details...' button > 'ADVANCED' tab > DESELECT 'Turn off advanced text services' > click 'Apply' > click 'OK' in message window > change to 'Settings' tab > click 'Language Bar...' > tick 'Show the Language bar on the desktop' and others as desired > click 'OK' and it should reappear.

kousha
Local time: 10:09
How to restore language bar Jun 10, 2009

Hi

Go to:

Control Panel
Regional and Language Options
Languages
Details
Advanced
Make sure that "Turn off advanced text services" is NOT checked. (remove the check mark)
Press "Apply" and "OK" to exit, and let the system Restart if it requires to.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to restore language bar

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search