alternatives to ASAP Utilities for 64-bit Excel
Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 02:44
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Dec 6, 2015

I was happily using ASAP Utilities on my old computer running Windows XP+Office 2003/2007. Now I bought a new laptop, and using Windows 10 and Office 2016, both 64-bit.

Now I see that it was a mistake to install 64-bit of Office as
- I don't edit huge Office files, and
- ASAP Utilities do not work on 64-bit Office

Well, if I cannot find a similar (and preferably free) tool, I will go back to Office 32-bit. But I still hope there may be a good alternative to ASAP Utilities.


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:44
Finnish to French
Revert to 32-bit Office Dec 7, 2015

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Well, if I cannot find a similar (and preferably free) tool, I will go back to Office 32-bit.

This is probably the most reasonable option, especially since many other VBA applications don’t work in 64-bit Office.
Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
But I still hope there may be a good alternative to ASAP Utilities.

Just out of curiosity: what do you use ASAP Utilities for in the first place?


 

Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:44
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Kutools for Excel Dec 7, 2015

Try Kutools for Excel. It's not worse than ASAP Utilities and it supports 64-bit systems.
I've been using Kutools for Excel for over a year and I am happy with it.

www.extendoffice.com/download/kutools-for-excel.html

There's also another alternative, which is AbleBits Ultimate Suite for Excel that offers 40+ professional tools.

www.ablebits.com/excel-suite/index-2016.php


 

Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:44
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Purposes of ASAP Utilities Dec 7, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Just out of curiosity: what do you use ASAP Utilities for in the first place?


ASAP Utilities can be used for editing Excel sheets. For instance, I use it for editing tmx files. Of course, you can edit a tmx TM in Olifant or Heartsome TMX Editor but with Excel tools you can do way more. For example, you can sort data, select data as you need. You can select certain rows, not necessarily in the right order, and then move the rows to another sheet, or you can change text to UPPER case, delete leading and trailing spaces, delete some leading or trailing characters and much more. Cleaning large TMs becomes a breeze.


 

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 02:44
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Dec 7, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Well, if I cannot find a similar (and preferably free) tool, I will go back to Office 32-bit.

This is probably the most reasonable option, especially since many other VBA applications don’t work in 64-bit Office.


Reverting to 32-bit is an option, but the risk of data loss or settings in Outlook makes me hesitate. If I uninstall Office completely I will have to make account settings once again, which I am not comfortable with. Besides, I am not sure if my Outlook pst file (currently 64 bit) will cause a problem or not.


Just out of curiosity: what do you use ASAP Utilities for in the first place?


99%, if not all, of my projects come in Excel format, and ASAP tools is a time saver for me. Sure, I use only a few functions in ASAP Utilities.

Andrey Yasharov wrote:

Try Kutools for Excel. It's not worse than ASAP Utilities and it supports 64-bit systems.
I've been using Kutools for Excel for over a year and I am happy with it.

www.extendoffice.com/download/kutools-for-excel.html

There's also another alternative, which is AbleBits Ultimate Suite for Excel that offers 40+ professional tools.

www.ablebits.com/excel-suite/index-2016.php



Thanks, both Kutools and AbleBits look like good alternatives, full with features. I will first try Kutools.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

alternatives to ASAP Utilities for 64-bit Excel

Advanced search






Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search