https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/29927-do_you_know_a_multi_lingual_glossary_of_word_commands.html

Do you know a multi-lingual glossary of Word commands?
Thread poster: Anne Lee
Anne Lee
Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:31
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Feb 28, 2005

Does anyone know where to find multilingual glossaries of Word commands? I am interested in English, French and Dutch versions, not particularly for translations, but for comparing notes with people who use other-language MS Office applications on special features. I have looked on the Internet, but cannot find more than useful lists of general computer terminology; does anyone know a comprehensiv... See more
Does anyone know where to find multilingual glossaries of Word commands? I am interested in English, French and Dutch versions, not particularly for translations, but for comparing notes with people who use other-language MS Office applications on special features. I have looked on the Internet, but cannot find more than useful lists of general computer terminology; does anyone know a comprehensive list of commands for Word?
http://www.css.qmul.ac.uk/foreign/eng-french.htm
www.computerwoorden.nl

[Edited at 2005-02-28 14:16]
Collapse

Chantal Henno
Chantal Henno  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:31
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
glossaries Feb 28, 2005

Hi Ann,
you can download the glossaries of Microsoft in several languages (always in combination with English) from the ftp server of Microsoft on:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/msdn/NewUp/Glossary/
If you can't open this one directly, try a higher level of this path.
You will have to download the full zip file, but then you will find all the applications
... See more
Hi Ann,
you can download the glossaries of Microsoft in several languages (always in combination with English) from the ftp server of Microsoft on:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/msdn/NewUp/Glossary/
If you can't open this one directly, try a higher level of this path.
You will have to download the full zip file, but then you will find all the applications of Microsoft
Good luck
Chantal
Collapse

Anne Lee
Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:31
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Chantal. Feb 28, 2005

Fantastic. All the information I could ever want is here.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do you know a multi-lingual glossary of Word commands?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »