Best workflow for converting currency
Thread poster: Reed James

Reed James
Chile
Local time: 14:32
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Aug 23, 2016

I have been assigned to convert currency (pesos to dollars or dollars to pesos) on several occasions. These are mostly financial statements in PDF format. I either have to multiply or divide the figures on those statements. I usually input the original figure in Windows calculator and then multiply or divide, and then paste the converted figure into the target document, and so on. It seems as if this could be sped up by using the clipboard extender, some kind of macro, and voice recognition. My qualms about setting things up this way is that I could get tangled up with so many commands.

Has anyone been in the situation before?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best workflow for converting currency

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search