Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:52
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jan 9

If someone sends me a document where the changes were tracked, I don't see them as in previous version of Word. Red striken through etc. Cannot find the place where I can do the setting.

[Bearbeitet am 2017-01-09 13:53 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Irene McClure
Local time: 22:52
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Review ... Jan 9

Hi Heinrich - in my English-language version, you click on the 'Review' tab and then all the options (All Markup, Simple Markup etc.) are available under the 'Tracking' box on the ribbon.

Hope that helps?

Irene

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but I don't see the changes Jan 9

Even if I switch on Tracking, the changes are not visible. Just the plain text. There must be something in the settings that is not right.

Michael Wetzel  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Setting "Markup: Alle" Jan 9

I'm not sure if this is what you tried on the basis of Irene's response or not, but ...

Select "Überprüfen": To the right of the "Änderungen nachverfolgen" icon, there are three drop-down lists and the option you want is in he top one. The choices are "Einfaches Markup" (seems to display comments and nothing else), "Markup: Alle" (what I assume you are looking for), "Markup: Keine" (the final, edited version of the text without comments), "Original" (self-explanatory).

I have the German version of Word and German is listed as your target language. If you need another language, I assume it won't be a problem to find what I'm talking about anyway.

Irene McClure
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Show Markup? Jan 9

Another possibility is under the 'All Markup' drop down menu there is another drop down menu 'Show Markup' and make sure all the options are checked ('comments', 'ink', 'insertions and deletions', 'formatting')? Maybe some or all of these are unchecked meaning you don't see them?

Irene

Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
"Simple markup" Jan 9

shows the changed text with a vertical line in the margin, but "All markup" is the view you want to find.

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok Jan 10

I have to get used to this more complicated way of doing things. In Word 2010 I only clicked the grey rectangle and all was ok.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2016: I don't see the changes

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search