https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/35024-excel_page_numbering_how_do_i_edit_this.html

Excel Page Numbering - How do I edit this?
Thread poster: Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:05
German to English
+ ...
Jul 24, 2005

Hi guys,

I have just completed a translation in Excel. There are page number in the background, in the middle of the page (Seite 1). This doesn't appear to be either a header or a footer, but I'm not that familiar with Excel anyway. Can anyone tell me how to change the "Seite" to "Page" - I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly as I have to deliver tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll leave it up to the client.

Tha
... See more
Hi guys,

I have just completed a translation in Excel. There are page number in the background, in the middle of the page (Seite 1). This doesn't appear to be either a header or a footer, but I'm not that familiar with Excel anyway. Can anyone tell me how to change the "Seite" to "Page" - I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly as I have to deliver tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll leave it up to the client.

Thank you and take care!

Sarah
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:05
English to German
+ ...
Which version? Jul 24, 2005

Hi Sarah,
Which Excel version are you using?

Best regards,
Ralf

Sarah Downing
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Excel 2003 Jul 24, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Sarah,
Which Excel version are you using?

Best regards,
Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for asking. I should of course have mentioned this.

ATB,

Sarah

Kimmy
Kimmy
Local time: 20:05
Italian to English
+ ...
Click on the "View" Jul 24, 2005

option from the flag down tool bar at the top and choose "normal".
You are in the section that gives you a "preview" of the page breaks, from what I can gather!

You don't need to edit this as it is not part of the document as such but the EXCEL programme itself!

Hope this helps!

Sarah Downing
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the explanation Jul 24, 2005

Kimmy wrote:

option from the flag down tool bar at the top and choose "normal".
You are in the section that gives you a "preview" of the page breaks, from what I can gather!

You don't need to edit this as it is not part of the document as such but the EXCEL programme itself!

Hope this helps!

I guess you're right, because the Seite doesn't show up when I print out the file. I suppose it's Seite rather than Page, because I've got the German version. I just wasn't quite sure, because there are some things like this that you do need to edit.

Thanks again,

Sarah

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel Page Numbering - How do I edit this?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »