Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:27
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 21, 2005

Hi all,
I've been meaning to post for a while but after having "missed" translating two tables that I didn't even see today, I really need some help. I'm using Office 2003, Windows XP and lately I cannot see images, hyperlinks or page numbers in my word documents EXCEPT in print-preview mode. Trados picks things up when it's a question of text but, for example, today, two tables were shown merely as [Error: Embedded] instead of as images. Does anyone know what's going on? It didn't used t
... See more
Hi all,
I've been meaning to post for a while but after having "missed" translating two tables that I didn't even see today, I really need some help. I'm using Office 2003, Windows XP and lately I cannot see images, hyperlinks or page numbers in my word documents EXCEPT in print-preview mode. Trados picks things up when it's a question of text but, for example, today, two tables were shown merely as [Error: Embedded] instead of as images. Does anyone know what's going on? It didn't used to be like this which leads me to assume that I have checked, unchecked or somehow messed up my settings in Word. The Word help section hasn't been much help in resolving this.
Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!
Best,
LNS
Collapse

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 22:27
English to Danish
I'm not sure of the correct MS names, but... Sep 21, 2005

...in the Word toolbar you should go to "Functions" - "Settings" - "View" and you should see if the box 'Field codes' is checked. If it is (and I think it might be), you should uncheck it.

It should work.

I hope you can navigate on your own computer from my feable attempt to translate the tab names.

Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:27
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 21, 2005

PCovs wrote:

...in the Word toolbar you should go to "Functions" - "Settings" - "View" and you should see if the box 'Field codes' is checked. If it is (and I think it might be), you should uncheck it.

It should work.

I hope you can navigate on your own computer from my feable attempt to translate the tab names.

Thank you! Thank you!
That was it. In case anyone else has this problem in the future, the MS settings are (and you were close) -> Tools -> Options -> View -> Field Codes (should be *unchecked*).
Thanks again. I would NEVER have figured that out on my own.
LNS

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing Images and Hyperlinks

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »