I get message "Tag protection on" in Word
Thread poster: Uldis Liepkalns

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 05:06
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Nov 9, 2005

Hi all, I lately often get such a message in Word (Office XP), when trying to spell-check the document. Spell-check doesn't work in these cases. Documents are plain *.doc files (no Trados or whatever other CAT tools involved).
Resaving to *.rtf doesn't change anything.

Does anyone know what is this "tag protection" and how to turn it off?

Uldis


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:06
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
was it alt+f12 Nov 9, 2005

Usually there is a message down below in the task line of word how to remove the protection.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 05:06
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No instructions how to remove it Nov 9, 2005

just message "Tag protection on" on left side of bottom taskbar.
Alt + any F doesn't change anything.

Uldis

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
Usually there is a message down below in the task line of word how to remove the protection.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Bilore  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:06
English to French
+ ...
option to untick Nov 9, 2005

Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

Hi all, I lately often get such a message in Word (Office XP), when trying to spell-check the document. Spell-check doesn't work in these cases. Documents are plain *.doc files (no Trados or whatever other CAT tools involved).
Resaving to *.rtf doesn't change anything.

Does anyone know what is this "tag protection" and how to turn it off?

Uldis


Hi Uldis,

Try this: go to Tools > Templates and add-ins and untick Trados 5/6.5.

This should disable the "link" between Trados and word. Then do your spellcheck but don't forget to tick the option again afterwards if you want Trados to work again.

Hope it helps!

Chris


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 05:06
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot, Christine, Nov 9, 2005

that does the trick

Uldis

Christine Biloré wrote:
Try this: go to Tools > Templates and add-ins and untick Trados 5/6.5.

This should disable the "link" between Trados and word. Then do your spellcheck but don't forget to tick the option again afterwards if you want Trados to work again.

Hope it helps!

Chris


Direct link Reply with quote
 
cuquina70
English to Spanish
thank you May 1, 2006

thank you,
it worked for me
raquel

Christine Biloré wrote:

Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

Hi all, I lately often get such a message in Word (Office XP), when trying to spell-check the document. Spell-check doesn't work in these cases. Documents are plain *.doc files (no Trados or whatever other CAT tools involved).
Resaving to *.rtf doesn't change anything.

Does anyone know what is this "tag protection" and how to turn it off?

Uldis


Hi Uldis,

Try this: go to Tools > Templates and add-ins and untick Trados 5/6.5.

This should disable the "link" between Trados and word. Then do your spellcheck but don't forget to tick the option again afterwards if you want Trados to work again.

Hope it helps!

Chris


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I get message "Tag protection on" in Word

Advanced search






SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search