xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 30, 2005

CREATING GRAPHS

Word 2000 Windows XP

I'm creating text boxes, but they are all filled in with red, what's more for each text book I have to individually select font and font size, centering, etc.

How can I set all these values so as to avoid having to repate the same formatting process over and over again?

TIA-)

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Setting default formatting for new text boxes Nov 30, 2005

Here's a rough translation of http://office.microsoft.com/de-de/assistance/HP051951581031.aspx - unfortunately, an official translation does not seem to exist:

Setting default values for new graphics and shapes
  1. Select the graphic that has the attributes you would like to set as default.
  2. On the Drawing toolbar, click Drawing, then Set as default for AutoShape. (tectranslate's note: I use the right-click context menu for this - it's quicker and easier)

Hint

If the object contains text, you can set the text format as default. To do this, select the text, then click on Font... in the Format menu and check the box labeled "Default for new objects".

Again, it's only a rough translation - maybe some of the terms differ in your version of MS Word, but this should get you pointed in the right direction.

HTH,
Benjamin

edit2: changed all "standard"s to "default" and overhauled the rest of the translation for consistency with the actual English MS Word terms (may still not be 100% correct.)

[Edited at 2005-11-30 22:39]

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks, but.... Nov 30, 2005

I have failed:-(

My computer language is ES, so I can't figure things quite out:-(

Thanks amyway:-)

Ailish

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Don't give up! Nov 30, 2005

It should be really simple:
Just make one box the way you want it. Then right-click on its border (not the content, the actual border) and select the menu item that says something in the vein of "use this as the default for new objects".

As for the default text formatting, use the button that is highlighted in yellow in this picture:

HTH,
Benjamin

(edit: Spelling corrected)

[Edited at 2005-12-12 10:06]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

creating graphs, predefinition of parameters

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search