How do I watch threads in Thunderbird?
Thread poster: Timothy Barton

Timothy Barton
Local time: 16:15
French to English
+ ...
Dec 7, 2005

I've recently set my Thunderbird account to use threads. I've added the toolbar buttons related to threads, one of which is "Watched threads with unread". But I haven't figured out how to watch a thread. Does anyone know?

By the way, anyone not using threads, I recommend it. If you do so I making your outgoing mails go into your Inbox, to keep the threads together, and adding a "Recipient" column so you can see where your outgoing e-mails were sent.

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Thunderbird and RSS Dec 7, 2005

Hi Timothy,

I'm not sure to understand your question, as I have no butto of that type in Thunderbird 1.0.7.
But as I watch some Rss threads with it, I thought I could try to help youicon_smile.gif

First, you must create a new account dedicated to RSS threads. Go to Tools, Account settings and choose Add an account (I translate from the FR-Version).
There you will be prompted to choose the type of account. Select RSS and follow the instructions.
Once the account created, right-click on its name and select "Manage my subscriptions". In the address field, copy/paste the address of the RSS-threads you wish to subscribe to and click Add.
You will then receive a notification for each new post, like e-mails notifications.

HTH,
Sylvain

Timothy Barton
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I was referring to ordinary e-mails Dec 7, 2005

They can be read as threads (like in Gmail), by clicking on the "speech bubble" column head.

As for the buttons, I forgot to mention that these come with a very useful extension called nntpthreads. One of the buttons is "watched threads with unread", but the option to "watch a thread" is not part of the extension, so it must be part of Thunderbird itself. But I can't find where this option is.

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Well... Dec 7, 2005

...I did not understand your questionicon_smile.gif
For me, thread refers to rss. You mean conversation then...

Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I watch threads in Thunderbird?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search