How do I do 2 sets of page numbers in one Word 2000 document?
Thread poster: Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 7, 2006

A BATES number set runs through the entire document. This starts from, say, ITC-001267. Then the document has its own pagination starting from 1. How can I have the 2 sets of numbers showing at the bottom?

Thank you.

[Edited at 2006-01-07 01:49]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Manually Jan 7, 2006

Just put the numbers in manually without using any page numbering feature.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:29
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

A way to do it automatically Jan 7, 2006

In Word, go to Insert > Page numbering > choose (for example) 'Footnote', adjustment 'right'.

Now you'll see page numbers in the lower right corners in your document.

Double-click any page number in order to enter into the footnote editing mode.

In the opened 'Headers/Footers' toolbar click the first icon ('Insert page numbering field'). Highlight this field with the cursor, right-click and choose 'Edit field' from the opened menu. Choose any options you wish and click OK. You are done.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Field codes Jan 7, 2006

Henry Hinds wrote:

Unless the document is short, this is not a very good option.

Put in two sets of numbering (standard, i.e., go View, Header and Footer, etc.), starting at 1; apply "toggle field codes" and adapt one numbering as folows:

{ = {PAGE} + 1266 }

Certain care is needed - you must not enter the figure brackets from the keyboard but using the "insert field" feature of Word:

Go Insert-Field..., choose " = (Formula), leave only the equal sign inside the figure brackets (i.e., delete the rest) and cut and paste the {PAGE} field into this "formula" field after the equal sign (leave a space between them) and add a string "space, plus sign, space, 1266"; leave a space between this number and the closing bracket.

If you do everything properly, it works.

Antonin

Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Antonin! Jan 7, 2006

I wasn't successful the first time. But I did some Googling and used CTRL + F9 to enter the brackets. It worked!

Thanks again!

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

Henry Hinds wrote:

Unless the document is short, this is not a very good option.

Put in two sets of numbering (standard, i.e., go View, Header and Footer, etc.), starting at 1; apply "toggle field codes" and adapt one numbering as folows:

{ = {PAGE} + 1266 }

Certain care is needed - you must not enter the figure brackets from the keyboard but using the "insert field" feature of Word:

Go Insert-Field..., choose " = (Formula), leave only the equal sign inside the figure brackets (i.e., delete the rest) and cut and paste the {PAGE} field into this "formula" field after the equal sign (leave a space between them) and add a string "space, plus sign, space, 1266"; leave a space between this number and the closing bracket.

If you do everything properly, it works.

Antonin

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
My pleasure Jan 7, 2006

Glad you have been able to get it up and running - those things are easier done than explained!

Antonin

Zita Petrán
German to Hungarian
Page numbering with TagEditor Oct 27, 2006

Hi all!

I just wonder, if I could manage to insert a page numbering, when TagEditor opens this part of the segment as a textual part like "".

The original numbering existed in a template of a ppt-file, and in the source it's functioning well, although, it isn't readable as a tag in TagEditor.

Do you have any ideas, to insert some code or command, which can behave like a page numbering in the translated ppt?

I've tried it with copied parts of word documents opened in TagEditor, but it didn't function.

Thanks and regards
Zita

[Módosítva: 2006-10-27 17:07]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I do 2 sets of page numbers in one Word 2000 document?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search