How do I do 2 sets of page numbers in one Word 2000 document?
Thread poster: Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:20
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 7, 2006

A BATES number set runs through the entire document. This starts from, say, ITC-001267. Then the document has its own pagination starting from 1. How can I have the 2 sets of numbers showing at the bottom?

Thank you.

[Edited at 2006-01-07 01:49]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Manually Jan 7, 2006

Just put the numbers in manually without using any page numbering feature.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:20
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

A way to do it automatically Jan 7, 2006

In Word, go to Insert > Page numbering > choose (for example) 'Footnote', adjustment 'right'.

Now you'll see page numbers in the lower right corners in your document.

Double-click any page number in order to enter into the footnote editing mode.

In the opened 'Headers/Footers' toolbar click the first icon ('Insert page numbering field'). Highlight this field with the cursor, right-click and choose 'Edit field' from the opened menu. Choose any options you wish and click OK. You are done.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Field codes Jan 7, 2006

Henry Hinds wrote:

Unless the document is short, this is not a very good option.

Put in two sets of numbering (standard, i.e., go View, Header and Footer, etc.), starting at 1; apply "toggle field codes" and adapt one numbering as folows:

{ = {PAGE} + 1266 }

Certain care is needed - you must not enter the figure brackets from the keyboard but using the "insert field" feature of Word:

Go Insert-Field..., choose " = (Formula), leave only the equal sign inside the figure brackets (i.e., delete the rest) and cut and paste the {PAGE} field into this "formula" field after the equal sign (leave a space between them) and add a string "space, plus sign, space, 1266"; leave a space between this number and the closing bracket.

If you do everything properly, it works.

Antonin

Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:20
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Antonin! Jan 7, 2006

I wasn't successful the first time. But I did some Googling and used CTRL + F9 to enter the brackets. It worked!

Thanks again!

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

Henry Hinds wrote:

Unless the document is short, this is not a very good option.

Put in two sets of numbering (standard, i.e., go View, Header and Footer, etc.), starting at 1; apply "toggle field codes" and adapt one numbering as folows:

{ = {PAGE} + 1266 }

Certain care is needed - you must not enter the figure brackets from the keyboard but using the "insert field" feature of Word:

Go Insert-Field..., choose " = (Formula), leave only the equal sign inside the figure brackets (i.e., delete the rest) and cut and paste the {PAGE} field into this "formula" field after the equal sign (leave a space between them) and add a string "space, plus sign, space, 1266"; leave a space between this number and the closing bracket.

If you do everything properly, it works.

Antonin

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
My pleasure Jan 7, 2006

Glad you have been able to get it up and running - those things are easier done than explained!

Antonin

Zita Petrán
German to Hungarian
Page numbering with TagEditor Oct 27, 2006

Hi all!

I just wonder, if I could manage to insert a page numbering, when TagEditor opens this part of the segment as a textual part like "".

The original numbering existed in a template of a ppt-file, and in the source it's functioning well, although, it isn't readable as a tag in TagEditor.

Do you have any ideas, to insert some code or command, which can behave like a page numbering in the translated ppt?

I've tried it with copied parts of word documents opened in TagEditor, but it didn't function.

Thanks and regards
Zita

[Módosítva: 2006-10-27 17:07]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I do 2 sets of page numbers in one Word 2000 document?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search