spell checker isn’t working
Thread poster: Carlos Avila

Carlos Avila
Local time: 08:42
English to Portuguese
Feb 3, 2006

Hi everybody,

I have a little problem and hope someone can help me.
I reformat my computer recently and reinstall my Office 97 and Trados Freelance Edition3 .
The problem now is that the spell checker isn’t working when I am translating into Portuguese or any other language. Only the English spell checker is working.
Could anybody help me?
Thanks
Carlos

Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:42
Danish to English
+ ...
spelling Feb 4, 2006

Reinstall your Portuguese spell-checker.

I use a Danish spell-checker and found that I have had to reinstall it when I have done a major, major clean-up, or MS Word has given me problems where I have had to remove and reinstall M$ Word.

Carlos Avila
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
how can I reinstall my spell-checker Feb 4, 2006

Thanks Blangsted,

Just one more thing, how can I reinstall the spell-checker?
Is it part of Trados?
All I did in the past was installing MS Office and then install Trados. Everything was working fine. I don't remember having specifically installing a spell-checker.
Thanks again.
Carlos
BLANGSTED wrote:

I use a Danish spell-checker and found that I have had to reinstall it when I have done a major, major clean-up, or MS Word has given me problems where I have had to remove and reinstall M$ Word.

Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:42
Danish to English
+ ...
spell check Feb 4, 2006

Carlos Avila wrote:

Thanks Blangsted,

Is it part of Trados?
All I did in the past was installing MS Office and then install Trados. Everything was working fine. I don't remember having specifically installing a spell-checker.
Thanks again.
Carlos
BLANGSTED wrote:

-------

If you installed Word in your language, then your language is associated with that program. Reinstalling/repair the program (use the function for repair) should take care of that. Otherwise, Microsoft has a multi-language spell-checker on a CD (possible also as download) that you can buy. By the way, - do you have the correct language pair checked correctly in Work Bench???

[Edited at 2006-02-04 16:20]

Carlos Avila
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
spell checker problem solved Feb 5, 2006

Hi Blangsted, I figured it out.
My Office 97 is in English, what I did was download the corresponding Portuguese files and copy them in the folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PROOF
It is working now.
Thank-you very much
Have a good weekend.
Carlos

BLANGSTED wrote:

Carlos Avila wrote:

Thanks Blangsted,

Is it part of Trados?
Thanks again.
Carlos
BLANGSTED wrote:

-------

If you installed Word in your language, then your language is associated with that program. Reinstalling/repair the program (use the function for repair) should take care of that. Otherwise, Microsoft has a multi-language spell-checker on a CD (possible also as download) that you can buy. By the way, - do you have the correct language pair checked correctly in Work Bench???

[Edited at 2006-02-04 16:20]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

spell checker isn’t working

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search