How to hide revisions in WOrd (Office 2003 SB)
Thread poster: Colin Bowles

Colin Bowles  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:10
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Mar 21, 2006

I have just upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003. When I revise English for clients I usually send two files - one with all the revision marks visible and the other with the revisions (insertions and deletions) built in.

I am struggling to work out how to do this with Word 2003. It's easy enough to integrate all the changes (insertions and deletions) I have made into the document, but every time I open the document the changes always appear as insertions and deletions.

What I want to do is send the file to the customer so that when they open it, they automatically see just the final version, not the version with all the insertions and deletions highlighted.

Would appreciate if anybody can help with this.

Rgds,

Colin.

Direct link Reply with quote

Louise Dupont  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:10
English to French
Just... Mar 21, 2006

accept all modifications and voilà!

Good luck!

Brazil
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Accepting changes in Office 2003 Mar 21, 2006

Thanks, but how do I do that?

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:10
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Colin Mar 21, 2006

Go to View > Toolbars and check the 'Review' toolbar so you'll have all necessary buttons at hand. To accept all changes in the document choose a button with a blue tick (you'll see the hints while moving the mouse over the buttons).

Gusztáv Jánvári  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 05:10
English to Hungarian
+ ...
It depends on... Mar 22, 2006

...what you want to do. Following the previous suggestion, you will delete tracking marks and all the information Word must use if you or your customer later want to see tracking marks.

So if you would like to keep your tracking marks but make them invisible, open the Reviewing toolbar and select Final in the left drop down. This will hide but keep tracking marks and will show you a picture of the document as if all changes were approved.

em

Brazil
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all Mar 23, 2006

Thanks. Problem now solved. Am getting used to Office 2003 slowly...

Colin.

e-Musty wrote:

...what you want to do. Following the previous suggestion, you will delete tracking marks and all the information Word must use if you or your customer later want to see tracking marks.

So if you would like to keep your tracking marks but make them invisible, open the Reviewing toolbar and select Final in the left drop down. This will hide but keep tracking marks and will show you a picture of the document as if all changes were approved.

em

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to hide revisions in WOrd (Office 2003 SB)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search