URGENT!! MS Word XP 2003 opens only in safe mode!!!
Thread poster: Sommersonne

Sommersonne  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 09:33
English to German
+ ...
May 7, 2006

URGENT!!!
I cannot open my Word direktly anymore. After the first try a error message without any further details shows up, asking me to send an Error Report (or not). Than it is "recovering" documents to offer me to open it in "safe mode", because some functionalities might be disabled.
Now. Only thing I changed during the last days (since the problem occured) was a new spell check plug-in.... I meanwhile deinstalles ALL Plug-ins, reinstalled even the whole Office itsefl and nothing has changed. I am sure someone has encountered the same problem, so PLEASE!!! what do I have to do?????

Thanks in advance!

Stefanie

Direct link Reply with quote

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:33
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Can't you restore to a previous state? May 8, 2006

XP 2003 allows you to do so, but I am not certain whether this is feasible in Safe mode.
Good luck!

Sommersonne  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 09:33
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS Monica! May 8, 2006

Actually, I did not give up after the re-installation and figured finally out that it was the normal.dot... even though I still don't now what was wrong with it (wether it was corrupted - highly probable - or just in the wrong place, or...) .... I put it in another file and now it works again (pelo amor de deus!). WOW! As I am working on a big project right now I guess I paniced to fast....
Anyway. Thanks for your effort. Have a nice evening!!!

Kindes Regards,

Stefanie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT!! MS Word XP 2003 opens only in safe mode!!!

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search