Thread poster: Laura Iovanna
Laura Iovanna
Laura Iovanna
Local time: 17:00
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 5, 2006

Hello dear colleagues!
I have a small problem with my track changes and I do not understand what is going on. I have followed for years the same method and today it is not working!
I have to compare 2 texts (I am using Office XP). Nothing apparently difficult. They have the same formating. I want to see what has been deleted and what has been inserted.
Well, today, when I compare the 2 texts, insertions and delet
... See more
Hello dear colleagues!
I have a small problem with my track changes and I do not understand what is going on. I have followed for years the same method and today it is not working!
I have to compare 2 texts (I am using Office XP). Nothing apparently difficult. They have the same formating. I want to see what has been deleted and what has been inserted.
Well, today, when I compare the 2 texts, insertions and deletions appear exactly the same, one after the other, making it impossible for me to understand the differences. They have the same colour, they both are underlined, they appear exactly the same, one following the other. What is going on? I have spent 2 hours trying to find a solution! I must have changed something in the options but I can't find anything.
Any help please? It is very urgent!
Thank you
Laura
Collapse

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:00
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Tools > Options > Track Changes Jun 5, 2006

Laura Iovanna wrote:

I must have changed something in the options but I can't find anything.

In order to change the way insertions and deletions are displayed, go to Tools > Options > Track Changes, then indicate there your preferences.

Unfortunately, Word XP, unlike previous and later versions, did not permit to use different coloros for insertions and deletions, if I remember right.

Laura Iovanna
Laura Iovanna
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
already tried! Jun 5, 2006

Riccardo Schiaffino wrote:

Laura Iovanna wrote:

I must have changed something in the options but I can't find anything.

In order to change the way insertions and deletions are displayed, go to Tools > Options > Track Changes, then indicate there your preferences.

Unfortunately, Word XP, unlike previous and later versions, did not permit to use different coloros for insertions and deletions, if I remember right.

Of course this is what I have done, everything appears as it used to, but now deleted words appear exactly the same as inserted words. Until yesterday deleted words had a line drawn on them whereas insertions were only underlined. The colour is not important but the difference between them should be clear! And now it is not!

Laura Iovanna
Laura Iovanna
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
solution found! Jun 5, 2006

I can't believe I have lost so much time in such a stupid thing that I have done so many times!!!
A little checkmark was missing when doing the comparison... I must have removed it by mistake... so I was not comparing the documents but merging them!
Thanks anyway! And sorry for the silly question...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Track changes/comparison of texts

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »