Send "language support" file to client - How?
Thread poster: Heike Reagan

Heike Reagan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:23
Member (2004)
German to English
Sep 10, 2006

Hello all,
I have a strange request from a client (agency):
I am translating a document from Eng>German and the end client would like for me to also add the language support file so he has no problems with the German special characters. (ÄÖUß)
While I know how to add a language through the control panel (I use Offce 2000), apparently the client has no clue, but I don't know how or if I can access the actual language file to send to anyone.
Will it make a difference if I use the menu "Insert>Symbol" and then pick from that list?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxOlaf
Local time: 23:23
English to German
There's no separate language support file for German Sep 11, 2006

I think in the good old DOS days there was such a thing as NLS (National Language Support) files for non-Latin alphabet based languages. But even then DOS had no problems displaying and printing German texts because all German characters were supported by the 2 main US DOS code pages. Unless your client is using a Japanese OS, he should have absolutely no problems with German characters. (The Japanese OS cannot display and print some of the German characters.) But even then all they'd have to do this is change the locale to English.

Heike Reagan wrote:
Will it make a difference if I use the menu "Insert>Symbol" and then pick from that list?

No, the end result would be the same.

Olaf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Send "language support" file to client - How?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search