Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 21:03
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Sep 15, 2006

Hi,

I've recently installed Office 2003, and the following 'auto-editing' feature in Word is driving me crazy:

During the editing of a document (written elsewhere), when I add a word with a Capital letter at the beginning of a sentence, the Capital letter gets lowercase as soon as I push the space bar following that word.

Can't work out what auto-feature causes this...

Thanks, Doron

Direct link Reply with quote

Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:03
German to English
+ ...
What's the word before it? Sep 15, 2006

go to Tools / Autocorrect Options / Autocorrect

There is an option there for capitalising. To the right of this option there is a box for "Exceptions".

I can only guess that you have ticked the "capitalize first letter of sentences", and that the word preceding the troublesome one is actually one of your "exceptions".

As I say, just guessing.

Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 21:03
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good guess, but... Sep 15, 2006

Thanks Cilian, however I checked the Exceptions tabs and there is nothing there. Yet you may be right in that Word wants to capitalize (there's a check in that box), and I 'force' it to decapitlize...

Have a good weekend, Doron

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Word auto-edit feature I want removed

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search