There are no images in a Word document but printouts contain the same & text is printed 1/4 of page.
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:06
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Sep 24, 2006

I don't see any images in a Word document but when I obtain the printouts of this document, several images on every page are also printed which is sheer wastage. Further, the matter is not printed properly as I don't have the full matter which is otherwise visible in the Word file. Further, the text is being printed on quarter of the page as a result, I can't get the full text. Sometimes, some of the words are printed in a very large font on a portion of the page.

Could you tell me the reason of having the images in the printouts while these are not visible in the Word file? How can I remove the images in printouts? In addition to it, why the text is not printing properly (only a small portion is printing) while it is visible in a systematic manner in the file? How can I have the text on the full page?

Thanks

[Edited at 2006-09-24 04:58]

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:36
English to Polish
+ ...
Problem with a printer driver? Sep 24, 2006

I had it once with a Lexmark Z43 inkjet printer when I used the highest quality. Lowering quality helped. Eventually I upgraded a driver and a problem disappeared.

Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
Settings for viewing and printing Sep 24, 2006

Hello,
Regarding the graphics:
Go to Tools>Options, tab View. Check the Drawing objects check box to show any graphics in the file.

Go to Tools>Options, tab Print. Uncheck the Drawing objects check box to not print graphics.

Good luck!
Cecilia

PS. This is based on Word 97, but the paths and check box names would be something similar in later versions. DS.

[Edited at 2006-09-24 14:16]

Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Page view vs Normal view Sep 25, 2006

Are the images visible when you switch to Page view instead of Normal view?
The 1/4 of page problem may also depend on the page layout or the images parameters. Did you check that too?

If there is a font problem, maybe you can try to select the text then Ctrl+Space. This will remove most paragraph/character layout parameters and set the text to "Normal" style. This can be useful if there is some hidden styling in your text.

HTH
Marie-Céline

Tony M  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Printer driver problem? (2) Sep 25, 2006

I had a slightly similar problem (very random!) when I upgraded my PC to XP but still wanted to use my old HP printer (W98 driver only)

I had to uninstall the 'official' HP driver and run using the XP-installed version (lousy!)

Marie-Céline, that last tip of yours is a godsend, thanks, I didn't know about it before!

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:06
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all of you for your valuable suggestions. Sep 25, 2006

The problem stands solved. I am indebted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

There are no images in a Word document but printouts contain the same & text is printed 1/4 of page.

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search