Is there a Word macro will remove all in-line images?
Thread poster: Reed James

Reed James
Chile
Local time: 17:00
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 20, 2006

Hello.

I just recently tried to import a long document with many images into SDLX, but was unsuccessful. I was finally able to do that by removing all in-line images. I suppose that I could also achieve this by running a document splitter macro to split the file up into several smaller files.

Anyway, it would be nice to be able to remove all those images in one fell swoop. is it possible? Thanks in advance.

Reed


 

Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:00
Member (2002)
English to German
See link Oct 20, 2006

Hello Reed,

There is indeed a macro, by Miri Ofek, for exporting inline images from a word doc; there is even another one that moves them back after translation.

See here:
http://www.necco.ca/dv/word_macros.htm

...under the heading "Removing and reinserting graphics in a file (Dot)".

Good luck,
Endre


 

Adrien Esparron
Local time: 22:00
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
A very simple Macro Oct 23, 2006

Reed D. James wrote:

Anyway, it would be nice to be able to remove all those images in one fell swoop. is it possible? Thanks in advance.



The Endre's link is a very good one indeed, thank's ! The Miri's .DOT is also very interesting.

If the purpose is just dropping the pictures out, without needing to put them back, just try this :

Sub images()
'
' images Macro
' Macro enregistrée le 23/10/2006 par OLIVIER
'
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = "^g"
.Replacement.Text = "[Some remembering if needed]"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
End Sub

Written and tested for a 125 pages .DOC including 172 pictures (graphics and photographies).

Original : 4 825 Ko
New file : 680 Ko
Processing time : 5 sec

Hoping it could help.

Regards,

Olivier


[Edited at 2006-10-23 13:25]


 

Reed James
Chile
Local time: 17:00
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That one worked brilliantly! Oct 23, 2006

Olivier MANESSE wrote:

Reed D. James wrote:

Anyway, it would be nice to be able to remove all those images in one fell swoop. is it possible? Thanks in advance.



The Endre's link is a very good one indeed, thank's ! The Miri's .DOT is also very interesting.

If the purpose is just dropping the pictures out, without needing to put them back, just try this :

Sub images()
'
' images Macro
' Macro enregistrée le 23/10/2006 par OLIVIER
'
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = "^g"
.Replacement.Text = "[Some remembering if needed]"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
End Sub

Written and tested for a 125 pages .DOC including 172 pictures (graphics and photographies).

Original : 4 825 Ko
New file : 680 Ko
Processing time : 5 sec

Hoping it could help.

Regards,

Olivier


[Edited at 2006-10-23 13:25]


Olivier,

Thanks for that macro. It worked like a charm. The other macros did not work for me. I did not like the fact that they were password protected and I had no access to the script.

Reed


 

Adrien Esparron
Local time: 22:00
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
Script protection Oct 23, 2006

Reed D. James wrote:

Thanks for that macro. It worked like a charm. The other macros did not work for me. I did not like the fact that they were password protected and I had no access to the script.



Hi Reed !

You are too kind and I'm very glad having helped.

As shown, this macro is free and public and not protected. So if useful, use it without moderation ...

Best,

Olivier


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a Word macro will remove all in-line images?

Advanced search






Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search