Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:29
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 6, 2006

Hi all,

I have a Word doc, that has been edited with Track Changes. In addition, several reviewers have added comments.

The names of the reviewers are visible in two areas:
1. Those who made changes pop up when I place the mouse pointer over the red (altered) text.
2. Those who placed comments are listed in the comment window at the bottom of Word.

My question is: how can I edit the names/initials of all reviewers (not just myself)?

... See more
Hi all,

I have a Word doc, that has been edited with Track Changes. In addition, several reviewers have added comments.

The names of the reviewers are visible in two areas:
1. Those who made changes pop up when I place the mouse pointer over the red (altered) text.
2. Those who placed comments are listed in the comment window at the bottom of Word.

My question is: how can I edit the names/initials of all reviewers (not just myself)?

I know this question has been up before, but Tools>Options>User Information doesn't give me access to the reviewers' names.
http://www.proz.com/post/362034#362034

Thanks in advance,

Jan
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Editing names? Nov 6, 2006

You can't edit them, afaik (except with a hex editor maybe), but you can anonymize the document if that is what you're looking for.

There is a setting under Tools -> Options -> Security named "Remove personal information from document properties when saving" (or similar) that will anonymize all comments & change marks.

Try it and let us know if that fixed your problem.

HTH,
Benjamin

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 6, 2006

Hi Benjamin,

You lead me on the right track.

I found this link:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trackchanges/HowTrackChangesWorks.html#Security

It doesn't seem like I can edit the name, just like you said, but I'll have to make do with anonymizing them...

The FAQ also points to a Microsoft plugin call
... See more
Hi Benjamin,

You lead me on the right track.

I found this link:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trackchanges/HowTrackChangesWorks.html#Security

It doesn't seem like I can edit the name, just like you said, but I'll have to make do with anonymizing them...

The FAQ also points to a Microsoft plugin called "Remove Hidden Data tool":
Did anybody try this tool?

/Jan
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Remove Hidden Data Tool Nov 6, 2006

Jan Sundström wrote:

The FAQ also points to a Microsoft plugin called "Remove Hidden Data tool":
Did anybody try this tool?

Yes, and I faintly remember it kinda sucked.

B

(Ah yes, first of all it's not just a little exe program you can launch but requires installation, unnecessarily integrates itself into your system and lastly it removes ALL data, including "File Properties" your clients may still require)

[Edited at 2006-11-06 16:11]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Edit name of reviewers in Word 2003?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »