Any way to delete unwanted languages in Word/Office 2003?
Thread poster: WJJones

WJJones  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Nov 17, 2006

The only languages I need in Office are English (UK), English (USA) and German. Is there any way I can delete all the others from the system - I get so frustrated scrolling through the list of available options for English alone!

mediamatrix (X)
Local time: 00:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
Try this ... Nov 17, 2006

If you configure keyboards for the languages you actually need, the corresponding languages will appear as a group right at the top of the list of languages you see in Word's Spelling > Set language dialogue.

Keyboards are set up in Control Panel > Keyboards.

My PC is set up with English (UK), French (FR) and Spanish (LA) keyboard layouts - although the physical keyboard I actually use for all languages is Swiss French.

But in Word I see English (UK), French (FR) and Spanish (LA) as the first three languages in the list, followed by the unending list of other rarely-needed languages.

HTH
MediaMatrix

Charlie Bavington (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:40
French to English
No need to scroll too much Nov 17, 2006

I assume we are talking about those occasions when you need to select a language by Tools -> Language -> Set Language ?

If you type the first letter of the language, the cursor jumps down the list to that letter. So if you type G, German cannot be far down the list.....icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any way to delete unwanted languages in Word/Office 2003?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search