Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:02
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Feb 14, 2007

Hi!

I am using Word 2002 and SDL Trados 2006 Freelance.
When translating a table, the target segment is "hidden" (i.e. it appears to be "behind" the line below te source segment), so I can only see the source segment and have to type the target segment blindly. This happens in normal view and page view alike.
What can I do to make the target segments visible without having to change the table layout (because once I entered the target segment, it appears instead of the so
... See more
Hi!

I am using Word 2002 and SDL Trados 2006 Freelance.
When translating a table, the target segment is "hidden" (i.e. it appears to be "behind" the line below te source segment), so I can only see the source segment and have to type the target segment blindly. This happens in normal view and page view alike.
What can I do to make the target segments visible without having to change the table layout (because once I entered the target segment, it appears instead of the source, and everything is fine).

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Erik
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:02
Swedish to English
+ ...
At least Feb 14, 2007

Your table row size is fixed. Change it in WORD (2000):

With your cusrsor in the table, right click.
Select Table Properties, Row
Check box "Specify height"
Select Row height is At least

Resume Trados

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:02
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's it! Feb 14, 2007

Dear Peter,

thanks a lot, that does the trick! BTW: I guess there's no way of setting this as a default for the whole document instead of having to set it for every single table? Because the document consists of a whole lot of them...

Cheers,
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Freelance and Word 2002: target segment is hidden in tables

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »