Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:47
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Apr 15, 2007

Hello everyone,

I have a small but annoying little problem with MS Word,basically I have a 3 page document to proofread and am using the Track Changes feature. What I want to be able to do is to produce a final document which has my corrections in black like the rest of the document so that it is a finished document.

The problem is that the changes which I have added appear in red and are underlined, I need them not underlined and in black but Word simply does not let m
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have a small but annoying little problem with MS Word,basically I have a 3 page document to proofread and am using the Track Changes feature. What I want to be able to do is to produce a final document which has my corrections in black like the rest of the document so that it is a finished document.

The problem is that the changes which I have added appear in red and are underlined, I need them not underlined and in black but Word simply does not let me edit them.( i.e change the font and take away the underlining ), it lets me delete them but frankly its a pain to go through the whole document deleting and then rewriting again. Similarly it lets me delete the original translators errors, ok but what about my additions? I can't leave them like that in red and underlined surely?

Any ideas anyone?

thanks

Mihailo

ps the language is Ukrainian if this makes any difference, don't think it should. Its MS Word 2002
Collapse

Iwonaa
Iwonaa
Poland
Local time: 12:47
English to Polish
+ ...
use "accept all changes options" Apr 15, 2007

Hello,

I think you just need to choose the option "accept all changes" from the track changes toolbar or if you prefer you can accept (or reject) them one by one.

After acceptance they become black as you want them to be.
You may want to save the final document as a new file as after acceptance you will loose the tracking in red.

I hope this helps.
ivonka

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:47
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think that's it...... Apr 15, 2007

Great Ivonka, I knew it was some option somewhere.

Dziekuje and have a nice Sunday!

Mihailo

DDraganova
DDraganova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 13:47
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
You have to right-click on a correction Apr 15, 2007

Mihailolja wrote:

Hello everyone,

The problem is that the changes which I have added appear in red and are underlined, I need them not underlined and in black but Word simply does not let me edit them.( i.e change the font and take away the underlining ), it lets me delete them but frankly its a pain to go through the whole document deleting and then rewriting again. Similarly it lets me delete the original translators errors, ok but what about my additions? I can't leave them like that in red and underlined surely?

Any ideas anyone?

thanks

Mihailo

ps the language is Ukrainian if this makes any difference, don't think it should. Its MS Word 2002

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
visible or invisible tracked changes Apr 16, 2007

Mihailolja wrote:

Hello everyone,

Any ideas anyone?

thanks

Mihailo

I'm not sure I understand, but if you are tracking changes, the point is to provide a record of them. Otherwise why bother using this function.

One issue is to accept all the changes, then all eveidence of all changes is removed. That's OK, if you are the end of the line and want to submit the clean text to a client.

Another issue is simply to view the document without the tracked changes being VISIBLE, in which case you click/unclick the corresponding boxes in the track changes option.

Can Altinbay
Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:47
Japanese to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Also, a print option Apr 16, 2007

When you open the Print dialog box, look for a drop down with the label What to print. Select Document only.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading query-Track changes

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »