Track changes balloon appears connected to following paragraph
Thread poster: Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales
Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:26
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 12, 2007

I'm using MS Word 2003 track changes feature for a proofing job on a document with columns. When I make a change, the balloon appears connected to the following paragraph.

I've never had this problem before, I can't find any reference to it anywhere, and I haven't the slightest idea what to do to fix it.

Any ideas on how to solve this would be gratefully accepted.

[Edited at 2007-05-12 11:11]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
strange ... May 12, 2007

could it be, that you close the cnage with enter (causing a paragraph break, causing the baloon etc,,,)?

Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Track changes balloon appears connected to following paragraph May 12, 2007

Vito Smolej wrote:

could it be, that you close the cnage with enter (causing a paragraph break, causing the baloon etc,,,)?

Thank you, Vito, for your suggestion.

I thought of that possibility, but I didn't make a paragraph break. As soon as I delete one letter, the balloon appears connected to the following paragraph. I have about 15 Word files with columns and they all act the same way. On the other hand, when I do the same thing in a non-table Word file, I don't have any problem at all.

I am at a complete loss.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Track changes balloon appears connected to following paragraph

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search