Thread poster: Jack Doughty

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:49
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Jul 1, 2007

I am translating a document using Word 2000, which requires an identical footer for the first four pages but not the last two. I can't find any way of deleting the footer from the last two pages. I tried putting in a Section Break, but the footer still continues after it. Can anyone tell me how to delete it selectively?

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:49
English to German
+ ...
Section Break and then Jul 1, 2007

After having put in a section break at the right position double click the footer you wish to delete (behind the section break, right?).

Word displays a special toolbar for the footers and one of the icons is for connecting this footer with the previous ones (I have only the German version installed, so I cannot tell you the correct button names, sorry). Per default it is activated. You have to click this button once to disconnect the footer from the footer before the section break. After that you can delete the footer.

If you wish to delete the header as well, you have to repeat the process of disconnecting it first.

Hope that helps.

---------------------------

There was a similar question answered here:
deu.proz.com/topic/72624

[Bearbeitet am 2007-07-01 15:16]

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
I just went through this ... Jul 1, 2007

Claudia is right, and although I'm using Word 2003, I thought I add this info: When you click on "View Header and Footer," a "Header/Footer" bar appears and the icon is just to the left of the one that toggles between the header and footer (or fourth from the end of the bar). When I hold the mouse over it, it says "Link to ..."

Good luck!

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:49
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Jul 1, 2007

That worked. Thank you both very much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Selective deletion of footers in Word 2000

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search