https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/78284-office_2007_and_word_2003.html

Office 2007 and Word 2003
Thread poster: Linda Ferwerda
Linda Ferwerda
Linda Ferwerda  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:20
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 12, 2007

Hi!

If you have Office 2007 installed on a pc, would it be possible to re-install Word 2003 (just Word) as well? It is running on Windows XP.

Thanks,

Linda

[Edited at 2007-07-13 06:18]

Riens Middelhof
Riens Middelhof  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Yes Jul 12, 2007

I tried the demo version of 2007 (actually it was for a job). It seems to work fine side-by-side with Office 2003, although the context menu (right-click) menu "Open with" messes up. When I had to reinstall Office 2003 because of some accumulated problems, it worked fine too.

Srdjan Stepanovic
Srdjan Stepanovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2007)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Just tried that combination Jul 12, 2007

Hello!

I've just tried that Office combination. Namely, I installed Office 2007 (complete) and then Word 2003. At first, everything seemed to be working just fine. Starting Word 2003 caused no problems, but when I tried to start Office 2007 program, the pop-up window saying I need to insert Office 2007 disc appeared. I did that and after short "installation" procedure Word 2007 started without problems. Then, I started Word 2003 and guess what? The same pop-up message appeared... See more
Hello!

I've just tried that Office combination. Namely, I installed Office 2007 (complete) and then Word 2003. At first, everything seemed to be working just fine. Starting Word 2003 caused no problems, but when I tried to start Office 2007 program, the pop-up window saying I need to insert Office 2007 disc appeared. I did that and after short "installation" procedure Word 2007 started without problems. Then, I started Word 2003 and guess what? The same pop-up message appeared. So, if it doesen't bother you to switch disks every time you start the "opposite" Office version, fine. Ohterwise, use Office 2003 only. Those were the symptoms on my computer.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office 2007 and Word 2003

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »