ÇAĞDAŞ MANDALI
ÇAĞDAŞ MANDALI  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:55
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jul 16, 2007

Hi,

I am not sure whether this topic should be here or under "CAT Tools support", but I am currently in desperate need for help and have to post the matter wherever I can!

Let's begin with the software I use: I have windows vista premium 64 bit edition and MS Office 2003.

I have an assignment which needs to be worked on using logoport, but I can not work.

I installed logoport for the first time on my new operating system and changed the securi
... See more
Hi,

I am not sure whether this topic should be here or under "CAT Tools support", but I am currently in desperate need for help and have to post the matter wherever I can!

Let's begin with the software I use: I have windows vista premium 64 bit edition and MS Office 2003.

I have an assignment which needs to be worked on using logoport, but I can not work.

I installed logoport for the first time on my new operating system and changed the security settings as necessary. When I tried to sign in, it normally tried to update the logoport client. I confirmed the update and when it was finished it asked for my approval for renaming the templates. I approved it too and then received this error message:

"Couldn't rename
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup\Logoport.dot
to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup\Logoport.dot.backup"

Any ideas as to why it tries to create back up and how this problem can be solved?

[Edited at 2007-07-16 10:47]
Collapse

Stefano Gallorini (X)
Stefano Gallorini (X)
Local time: 20:55
German to Italian
Word closed? Jul 16, 2007

Did you close Word before confirming the rename? Word must be closed to do the rename.

Renaming the file in necessary because with the update you dowload a new logoport.dot file. Since the logoport.dot file currently on your PC is used by Word, you have to close Word so the logoport updater can rename the old DOT file and install the new one.

Sign in again and logoport will download the update again.

[Edited at 2007-07-16 12:10]

Effie Emmanouilidou
Effie Emmanouilidou  Identity Verified
English to Greek
Is Logoport Windows Vista compatible? Jul 16, 2007

Are you sure that Logoport is Windows Vista compatible?
Perhaps it is trying to create a file at a folder that is different in Windows XP and Vista.

Why don't you request the client's help? Obviously, to be working with Logoport you are working with an agency that is using it.

Good luck,

Effie

ÇAĞDAŞ MANDALI
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nobody to assist :( Jul 16, 2007

Effie,

Thanks for your advice. I asked my client, however, they say they have not used Vista yet. On Lionbridge.com, I couldn't find anything regarding compatibility.

I sent an e-mail and am waiting for the reply.

ÇAĞDAŞ MANDALI
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
i tried many times Jul 16, 2007

sg ma wrote:

Did you close Word before confirming the rename? Word must be closed to do the rename.

Renaming the file in necessary because with the update you dowload a new logoport.dot file. Since the logoport.dot file currently on your PC is used by Word, you have to close Word so the logoport updater can rename the old DOT file and install the new one.

Sign in again and logoport will download the update again.

[Edited at 2007-07-16 12:10]

Thanks, I had already tried to rename the file after closing word; actually, it is automatically renamed after closing all the word documents.

When I sign in again, nothing changes. It recommends the update, downloads it, asks me to close all the word documents and cannot rename the file.

P.S: After closing the document, I also checked from the task manager and saw that winword.exe was not running in the background.

Fabio Salsi
Fabio Salsi  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 14:55
English to Italian
+ ...
tip for installing logoport Jul 17, 2007

Go to logoport.lionbridge.com log in and download the installer, then search on your computer for logoport.dot and logoport.dll, delete them an then run the installer of the new version. Logoport only installs two files on your computer: logoport.dot and logoprt.dll so deleting them before the new install should solve the problem.

Regards,

Fabio Salsi

[Edited at 2007-07-17 10:31]

Christine Biloré
Christine Biloré  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:55
English to French
+ ...
Any solution found??? Jul 31, 2007

Dear ÇAĞDAŞ MANDALI

I'm also working on word 2003 under Vista and have the same problem: logoport asking to download an update and to close word all the time.

As I'm in a hurry, I'll switch to my old computer to do the job but I'm curious about a solution you eventually found.

ÇAĞDAŞ MANDALI
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
use your old one Jul 31, 2007

Dear Christine,

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any solution. I am using my laptop for logoport projects since then

Christine Biloré
France
English to French
+ ...
hope I'll know someday... Jul 31, 2007

Thank you for answering!

I delivered the job and asked the client (and owner of Logoport) about this issue. I will update the thread if they give me a solution....

Christine Biloré
France
English to French
+ ...
Problem solved Aug 14, 2007

After several problems and bugs, I had to completely uninstall Logoport from my PC.

Then the following happened:
- I changed my antivirus (I use Nod32 now)
- I downloded Logoport exe again (english version)

I installed Logoport again and then I could connect perfectly! So I think that the version I tried to install previously was older than the one I downloaded again on the server OR my other antivirus did block something.

Hope this can help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

logoport tries to create backup

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »