Spell check "issues" in Word 2007
Thread poster: PAS
PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:10
Polish to English
+ ...
Jul 26, 2007

Along with a new computer, I've been blessed with Bill's youngest child, Office 2007.
The interface itself is a different topic altogether, but has anyone experienced problems with the spellcheck feature in Word 2007?

Namely, the "ignore all" button seems not to work and I can't pinpoint the reason.
It seems that this happens mostly on overwritten documents with the document language changed from source to target, but on a few occasions it also happened on a brand new do
... See more
Along with a new computer, I've been blessed with Bill's youngest child, Office 2007.
The interface itself is a different topic altogether, but has anyone experienced problems with the spellcheck feature in Word 2007?

Namely, the "ignore all" button seems not to work and I can't pinpoint the reason.
It seems that this happens mostly on overwritten documents with the document language changed from source to target, but on a few occasions it also happened on a brand new document.
I will only add that for technical reasons I use the "old" document format as the default. I did not have an opportunity to see if the same thing happens in documents saved in the new DOCX format.

Other info: Windows XP Pro, most "auto" features turned off (automatic language recognition, check spelling as you type etc.)

Has anyone using Office 2007 experienced this?
Any good ideas?

TIA
Pawel Skalinski

[Edited at 2007-07-26 10:03]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell check "issues" in Word 2007

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »