Visualising field codes/hyperlinks in Word
Thread poster: Deborah do Carmo

Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:43
Dutch to English
+ ...
Aug 12, 2007

This query relates to Word 2003, with Windows XP as the operating system (both Portuguese versions).

For some time now, I've had an issue visualising field codes (e.g. for tables of contents) / hyperlinks.

I know it's easy enough to "select all" and right click on what I suppose in the English version would be something like "toggle field codes"/"select hyperlinks" (or alternatively alt + F5) , but that doesn't alter the irritating fact I have to do it again every time I open the same or a different document.

I suppose something in my default settings must have been changed. Any idea what it is? I'd like to be able to visualise it normally again from the outset and not in code.

FWIW, I recently installed Dragon Naturally Speaking (preferred version 9, mobile edition) and that is working fine, but can't for the life of me remember whether this actually started before or after that (i.e. if it could impact on it at all). Otherwise, nothing else has changed.

TIA
Debs

[Edited at 2007-08-12 14:21]

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:43
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Hi Debs Aug 12, 2007

Have you tried Tools > Options, View tab, checking the "Field codes"? It's in the first "Show" section, right column.

I hope this helps.

Henry

Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:43
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Um abraço virtual Aug 12, 2007

... literally: a virtual hugicon_smile.gif

Simple as that, it worked

Many thanks
Debs

[Edited at 2007-08-12 15:26]

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:43
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
My pleasure, Debs Aug 12, 2007

icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visualising field codes/hyperlinks in Word

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search