Office 2007 and Trados 8.0 not as compatible as they should be?
Thread poster: pietervertaler
pietervertaler
Netherlands
Local time: 00:15
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 4, 2007

Two months ago, I decided it was time for a big-time upgrade, and so I drained my resources buying an A-brand notebook with the latest specifications and features, the latest version of Trados Freelance (8.0) and, because I'd already spent so much money, why not too throw some money on the most up-to-date version of Microsoft Office, being 2007.
I was very disappointed, however, to find that when using Word 2007 with Trados 8.0, it takes forever for segments to open and close. In fact, I could do the laundry meanwhile and do some ironing as well. I've already contacted the shop I bought my PC from, and they would be happy to see for themselves what the problem could be. But I just don't have the time to do that ; besides, they wouldn't know a translation program if they saw one. It might just be I'm not the only one who has encountered this problem. So, would anyone know if it is solvable? And if yes, how? If no, what to do now? Return Office 2007 and ask for my money back? After all, Word 2003 works fine and I don't really need all the extras 2007 has got to offer....

Direct link Reply with quote

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 05:15
English to Indonesian
+ ...
deja vu Dec 4, 2007

i think this topic has been discussed before. maybe this post could help: http://www.proz.com/post/724931#724931

Pavel Janoušek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 00:15
Member (2007)
German to Czech
+ ...
Lethal combination Dec 4, 2007

I call Word 2007, Windows Vista and the new Trados version a lethal combination. I asked a lady from SLD who had a presentation at the Dortmund conference about this issue, and her answer was quite disappointing: We will have to wait until Windows Vista SP1, because SLD is obviously waiting as well. So the only way out of this is to downgrade to Windows XP and use Word 2003 until then

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office 2007 and Trados 8.0 not as compatible as they should be?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search