https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/91327-imap_folder_%22spam%22_doesnt_work_anymore.html

IMAP folder "Spam" doesn't work anymore
Thread poster: Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:45
English to German
+ ...
Dec 7, 2007

Hello!

A few days ago, I seem to have unwillingly deleted the Spam folder from one of my IMAP email accounts in Outlook Express.

Obviously, I have clicked "Yes", instead of "No" when I was asked if I relly want to delete the folder.

To go back to the previous state, I have entirely removed the related IMAP account from my OE directory, and then created it again and downloaded the related folders from the server.

I did so earlier, and it always
... See more
Hello!

A few days ago, I seem to have unwillingly deleted the Spam folder from one of my IMAP email accounts in Outlook Express.

Obviously, I have clicked "Yes", instead of "No" when I was asked if I relly want to delete the folder.

To go back to the previous state, I have entirely removed the related IMAP account from my OE directory, and then created it again and downloaded the related folders from the server.

I did so earlier, and it always worked flawlessly.

This time, after the folder download, the folder previously named "Spam" appeared as "SPAM" (capital letters).

And what's surprising: There are not any mails anymore in this folder.

Before, I had 20-50 mails in this folder every day. All emails from email accounts like YAHOO or HOTMAIL were going to this folder before.

So, I wonder what is going wrong and what I can do about it, because I fear I do not get any mails from my contacts with yahoo or hotmail accounts, not because they do not write me, but because something is wrong with the SPAM folder.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Steffen
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IMAP folder "Spam" doesn't work anymore

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »