WORD 2003 and hyperlinks problem
Thread poster: Eleni Makantani

Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 22:06
English to Greek
+ ...
Dec 28, 2007

Hello, when I opened a Word 2003 document which contained many hyperlinks I noticed that the hyperlinks were not the kind of blue, underlined, clickable text, but had the form, i.e. {HYPERLINK"http://www.proz.com" \o "proz"}, which is really frustrating.

Does anybody know how I can get rid of this view? it is really frustrating, because there is a large number of lyperlinks in my text. Moreover, I do not remember doing anything strange that mght have caused it.

Another thing, does anyone know how I can deactivate more hyperlinks at a time in a Word 2003 document?

Please, help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 16:06
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Moving this thread... Dec 28, 2007

... to Office Applications forum

Marta Fernandez-Suarez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:06
English to Spanish
I think Dec 28, 2007

Hello

Go to Options > view > untick Fieldcodes

Regards,

Marta

Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:06
German to English
+ ...
deactivating hyperlinks Dec 28, 2007

To deactivate multiple hyperlinks in a Word document, select the text containing the hyperlinks and then press the key combination CTRL SHIFT F9 (press and hold the CTRL and SHIFT keys and then press F9 at the same time). This converts all hyperlinks in the selected text (and other text generated by field codes) to ordinary text.

You can also use this to convert tables of contents and indexes to ordinary text.

Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 22:06
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all! Dec 28, 2007

Thank you, Marta and Ken!!!
Your help was just precious

I'm so happy about proz!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WORD 2003 and hyperlinks problem

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search