Filling table cells in Word (with colours)
Thread poster: Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 03:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 25, 2008

Hello all,

I am trying to paint the table cells with light grey but, for some reason, the words inside are left in a white "frame".

I know I'm probably not explaining very well, so here's a snapshot of what's happening (red circle):

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2262/2218528029_3662f63d26.jpg?v=0

Do the marks I c
... See more
Hello all,

I am trying to paint the table cells with light grey but, for some reason, the words inside are left in a white "frame".

I know I'm probably not explaining very well, so here's a snapshot of what's happening (red circle):

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2262/2218528029_3662f63d26.jpg?v=0

Do the marks I circled in blue have anything to do with this? if so (or even if it's not related)... does anybody know how to fix this???

Your help and/or insight will be greatly appreciated!!
Collapse

Eleni Makantani
Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 10:16
English to Greek
+ ...
The marks are not related Jan 25, 2008

Hello Andrea,

The marks in blue are not the cause of the problem. They are always there when we work with table cells on Word.

I would use the text highlighter on the text and the cell colouring function (from the table toolbar) first to remove any colour from the cell and then to format it in the desirable way (but I guess you have already tried these options).

Why don't you use the brush to copy the formatting from a "correct" cell to those that you don
... See more
Hello Andrea,

The marks in blue are not the cause of the problem. They are always there when we work with table cells on Word.

I would use the text highlighter on the text and the cell colouring function (from the table toolbar) first to remove any colour from the cell and then to format it in the desirable way (but I guess you have already tried these options).

Why don't you use the brush to copy the formatting from a "correct" cell to those that you don't like? I'm not sure if it works, but you don't lose anything to try...

Good luck!
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:16
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Cell shading and paragraph shading Jan 25, 2008

The reason is that there are several "background" shading colors for the text in the table...

When you select the "Shading" tab, there is a combo box titled "Applies to" (or something similar, I do not have the English version), where you can choose: "Text", "Paragraph", "Cell" and "Table". Make sure that for each option shading is set correctly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filling table cells in Word (with colours)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »