https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/99779-ms_publisher_and_trados.html

MS Publisher and Trados
Thread poster: Annette Jara Matus geb. Canora
Annette Jara Matus geb. Canora
Annette Jara Matus geb. Canora  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:25
Member (2008)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 15, 2008

A new client wants me to translate documents made in Publisher. Does anybody know if there is a way to translate with Trados without any complications? I tried to save the document in word format 2002 but the text appears in a different order in word, completely messed up. Is there any other better way?

Please help.

Thanks to all
Annette

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 20:25
Spanish
+ ...
No there isn't Mar 15, 2008

You'd need to copy-paste the text and then translate it from wherever you pasted it on, with or without CAT tools. Because it's easy to miss parts of the text in Publisher, when I copy paragraphs or long segments, I change the color of the font in the Publisher file, translate it and then change the color back to normal so I'd know where exactly I should paste it on.

Good luck

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 19:25
English to Spanish
Slower, but safer Mar 15, 2008

Specially if you need to keep source and target texts on your TM, use "T-Window for Clippboard".

[Edited at 2008-03-15 22:51]

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Earlier thread Mar 17, 2008

Hi Annette,

Since you speak German, you might want to look at this:

http://www.proz.com/topic/42358

Good luck!
Wolfgang

Annette Jara Matus geb. Canora
Annette Jara Matus geb. Canora  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:25
Member (2008)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all!! Mar 17, 2008

Sorry to hear that but no way.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Publisher and Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »