Segments that don't need translation
Thread poster: endrju76
endrju76
endrju76
Local time: 00:45
Feb 13, 2010

Is there any way in OmegaT to mark a segment that does not need translation (is the same in source and target language) as translated?

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Options/Editing Behaviour Feb 13, 2010

endrju76 wrote:

Is there any way in OmegaT to mark a segment that does not need translation (is the same in source and target language) as translated?

Go to Options/Editing Behaviour and check Allow translation to be equal to source.

Didier

[Edited at 2010-02-13 12:56 GMT]

endrju76
endrju76
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Feb 13, 2010

Thank you!

Yes, but ... Jul 8, 2010

endrju76 wrote:

It works

Yes, but I still have a problem with it: with this mode, if I simply "walk" through the document with Ctrl-N/P, then all untranslated phrases I pass will be automatically considered as translated (equal to the source text), and this is of course not desired.

Ok, I guess I should not do that, but its hard to avoid ... or am I missing something else?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Hermann Jul 8, 2010

HermannHild wrote:
Yes, but I still have a problem with it: with this mode, if I simply "walk" through the document with Ctrl-N/P, then all untranslated phrases I pass will be automatically considered as translated (equal to the source text), and this is of course not desired.

Yes, if you had set OmegaT to automatically insert the source text into the target text.

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
You can still untranslate a segment Jul 8, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:

HermannHild wrote:

Yes, if you had set OmegaT to automatically insert the source text into the target text.

Right.

Even in these circumstances, it is still possible to untranslate a segment, by selecting it (Ctrl+A), then hitting Delete and going out of it (e.g., with Ctrl+P).

Didier

Thanks / Field Attributes? Jul 9, 2010

Didier Briel wrote:

Samuel Murray wrote:

HermannHild wrote:

Right.

Even in these circumstances, it is still possible to untranslate a segment, by selecting it (Ctrl+A), then hitting Delete and going out of it (e.g., with Ctrl+P).

Didier

Thanks to everybody for these helpful hints, that eases my work. I like OmegaT, because it is very straightforward and transparent to use. Anyway, maybe it would be worth considering to allow the user to set attributes to each phrase, such as "translate litteraly", or also "translation incomplete".

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Segments that don't need translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »