Michael Mestre
Michael Mestre
France
Local time: 18:20
English to French
+ ...
Apr 10, 2010

Dear colleagues,

Does anyone know how to use Tokenizers with OmegaT 2.1 (in my case, 2.1.4_1) ?
I tried to unzip the tokenizers 0.2-20 package in the OmegaT directory, just as I used to do with 2.0.5, then I ran OmegaT-tokenizers.

OmegaT itself works and the vocabulary from the glossary is detected, however it doesn't seem to perform what Tokenizers is supposed to do.

For instance, it doesn't associate a word in the singular from the glossary with wor
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I tried to unzip the tokenizers 0.2-20 package in the OmegaT directory, just as I used to do with 2.0.5, then I ran OmegaT-tokenizers.

OmegaT itself works and the vocabulary from the glossary is detected, however it doesn't seem to perform what Tokenizers is supposed to do.

For instance, it doesn't associate a word in the singular from the glossary with word in the plural from the document.
Is there a quick fix for this ?

Thank you !
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Change tokenizers for version 2.1.1 and above Apr 10, 2010

Michael Mestre wrote:
I tried to unzip the tokenizers 0.2-20

The -2.0 means these tokenizers are designed to work with 2.0.
2.1.1 and above have an improved plugin support. As a consequence, the installation method is different.

This is documented in the readme for the latest versions of tokenizers: 0.4_2-2.1, and in HOWTO: Using the OmegaT tokenizer.

That has been discussed in the Yahoo support group, and you would get faster answers there.

Didier

Michael Mestre
Michael Mestre
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works, thanks Apr 10, 2010

Thank you Didier, it works.
I had a hard time finding the new version of Tokenizers on the sourceforge page, but now I got it.
The install procedure is not made for dummies, I have to say..

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Tokenizers and OmegaT 2.1

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »