Thread poster: freddy7
freddy7
freddy7  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:37
English to French
+ ...
Sep 16, 2010

I just got an xlf file for proofreading, and when I open it with OmegaT, I only get the target segments in the source field, as well as in the destination field (which makes it tricky to proofread)

The xlf file seems to be well formed (with source and target fields), when I open it with a text editor.

Any idea for making source segment showing up?

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:37
English to French
+ ...
Use Rainbow to prepare the file Sep 16, 2010

freddy7 wrote:
I just got an xlf file for proofreading, and when I open it with OmegaT, I only get the target segments in the source field, as well as in the destination field (which makes it tricky to proofread)

The xlf file seems to be well formed (with source and target fields), when I open it with a text editor.

Any idea for making source segment showing up?

This is the normal behaviour. OmegaT has limited XLIFF support, which accepts only files where source=target.

To use OmegaT on files already translated, you can prepare the file with Okapi Rainbow.

Okapi can create a specific OmegaT package, where the existing translation will be transformed into a TMX.

Didier

Oleksandr Myslivets
Oleksandr Myslivets  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
try virtaal Sep 17, 2010

As far as I know it supports the XLIFF and it is easy-to-use crossplatform translation tool:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtaal
Here is the download link:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

xlf file show only target language

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »