xlf file show only target language
Thread poster: freddy7

freddy7  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:19
English to French
+ ...
Sep 16, 2010

I just got an xlf file for proofreading, and when I open it with OmegaT, I only get the target segments in the source field, as well as in the destination field (which makes it tricky to proofreadicon_razz.gif)

The xlf file seems to be well formed (with source and target fields), when I open it with a text editor.

Any idea for making source segment showing up?

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:19
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Use Rainbow to prepare the file Sep 16, 2010

freddy7 wrote:
I just got an xlf file for proofreading, and when I open it with OmegaT, I only get the target segments in the source field, as well as in the destination field (which makes it tricky to proofreadicon_razz.gif)

The xlf file seems to be well formed (with source and target fields), when I open it with a text editor.

Any idea for making source segment showing up?

This is the normal behaviour. OmegaT has limited XLIFF support, which accepts only files where source=target.

To use OmegaT on files already translated, you can prepare the file with Okapi Rainbow.

Okapi can create a specific OmegaT package, where the existing translation will be transformed into a TMX.

Didier

Oleksandr Myslivets  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
try virtaal Sep 17, 2010

As far as I know it supports the XLIFF and it is easy-to-use crossplatform translation tool:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtaal
Here is the download link:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

xlf file show only target language

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search