OmegaT not underlining glossary terms
Thread poster: elm0505

elm0505
Spain
Local time: 17:08
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 6, 2011

Hello everyone

I've recently moved my OmegaT folder and projects to another disc, as I don't trust my PC anymore. So far it works smoothly just as usual, but I have found now that, even if the "Glossary" case shows term concordances, the words are not underlined in blue anymore in the source text, thus I can't insert the concordance in the text either.

And spell checking doesn't work anymore, even after re-installing the dictionaries...

How can I fix this?


Best regards

[Editado a las 2011-07-06 11:19 GMT]


 

Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:08
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
Under "Options" Jul 6, 2011

Options > TransTips > Enable TransTips
Options > Spell checking


 

elm0505
Spain
Local time: 17:08
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The 1st one worked Jul 6, 2011

Susan Welsh wrote:

Options > TransTips > Enable TransTips


Thank you so much, I had forgotten that option!

Susan Welsh wrote:
Options > Spell checking




It's already checked, but no results... :-S


 

elm0505
Spain
Local time: 17:08
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found it! Jul 6, 2011

Ok, I have finally found the solution desperately browsing other forums. May my case help others, I'm going to explain it using an example:

Translating from Spanish to French. In order for the spell check to work you need to set the langue project properties regionally too, i.e., I had only selected "ES" AND "FR" but the dictionary I had downloaded was "FR_fr". So this is what I've found out: the project's target language code needs to match 100% with the dictionary's, otherwise it won't work. I changed the project properties to FR_FR as target language and voilà! It's working now.

This may seem obvious for those who are more experienced with Omega T, but in my case, having little (or too much) information, I've been struggling with this issue for some time. So has my colleague at work, who couldn't manage to use the German spell checker.

Excuse my excitement, I feel like having discovered the Holy Grailicon_biggrin.gif


 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:08
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
The documentation helps Jul 6, 2011

elm0505 wrote:
So this is what I've found out: the project's target language code needs to match 100% with the dictionary's, otherwise it won't work. I changed the project properties to FR_FR as target language and voilà! It's working now.

This may seem obvious for those who are more experienced with Omega T, but in my case, having little (or too much) information, I've been struggling with this issue for some time. So has my colleague at work, who couldn't manage to use the German spell checker.

Quoting the documentation:

Make sure the language code of target files corresponds to the dictionary's language code: an FR-FR dictionary will not work with an FR target setting. You need to change the setting to FR-FR to have the spell checker recognize the correct dictionary for your target. Look for files with the name, indicating the language used and having extensions aff and dic.


Didier


 

elm0505
Spain
Local time: 17:08
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) Jul 7, 2011

Quoting the documentation:

Make sure the language code of target files corresponds to the dictionary's language code: an FR-FR dictionary will not work with an FR target setting. You need to change the setting to FR-FR to have the spell checker recognize the correct dictionary for your target. Look for files with the name, indicating the language used and having extensions aff and dic.


Didier

Hi Didier, where is that information? I don't recall having read it before...

[Editado a las 2011-07-07 10:47 GMT]


 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:08
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Press F1 Jul 7, 2011

elm0505 wrote:

Quoting the documentation:

Make sure the language code of target files corresponds to the dictionary's language code: an FR-FR dictionary will not work with an FR target setting. You need to change the setting to FR-FR to have the spell checker recognize the correct dictionary for your target. Look for files with the name, indicating the language used and having extensions aff and dic.


Didier

Hi Didier, where is that information? I don't recall having read it before...

Pressing F1 opens the documentation.

Click on English, then on 20. Spell checker > 3. Hints.

Didier


 


There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »


OmegaT not underlining glossary terms

Advanced search






Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search