elm0505
elm0505
Spain
Local time: 14:37
French to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 15, 2011

Hi everyone, I'm desperate!

After working all night (it's nearly 3AM!) in a translation I have to deliver tomorrow, my odt target file won't open, instead I get this error message (in Spanish, sorry):

Error de formato descubierto en el archivo en el subdocumento content.xml en
2,5l3543(fila,col).

I've tried validate tags but it is not working (I deleted a tag on purpose and it did nothing) How can I recover the file without damage?

Your
... See more
Hi everyone, I'm desperate!

After working all night (it's nearly 3AM!) in a translation I have to deliver tomorrow, my odt target file won't open, instead I get this error message (in Spanish, sorry):

2,5l3543(fila,col).

I've tried validate tags but it is not working (I deleted a tag on purpose and it did nothing) How can I recover the file without damage?

Your help would be so much appreciated, this is important. I'm using version 2.3.0_1

Thanks
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Validate your tags Sep 15, 2011

elm0505 wrote:

2,5l3543(fila,col).

I've tried validate tags but it is not working (I deleted a tag on purpose

If you mean that there's a tag in a source segment that you have removed in the target segment, that's the origin of your error.

and it did nothing)

"Validate tags" means you must use the function until it says "No tag errors detected" (No se detectaron errores de etiqueta).

It will not correct the errors for you.

How can I recover the file without damage?

By correcting the tag error, and creating the target document error.

Didier

elm0505
elm0505
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found the reason Sep 15, 2011

and it did nothing)

"Validate tags" means you must use the function until it says "No tag errors detected" (No se detectaron errores de etiqueta).

It will not correct the errors for you.

How can I recover the file without damage?

By correcting the tag error, and creating the target document error.

Didier

First of all thank you for your prompt response, Didier. You were right, I was selecting the wrong option ("Tag validation" in Options instead of "Validate tags" in Tools) I was so sleep deprived I couldn't even properly check all the menus and options...

The problem lies with the Spanish version of the program both "Validate tags" and "Tag validation" are translated the same way "Validar etiquetas" and this can lead to some confusion, although both expressions also mean basically the same in English.

Gosh, I'm, so relieved... Thanks again

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

HELP odt target file won't open

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »