Large glossary with several target columns
Thread poster: Ilze Klotina

Ilze Klotina
Latvia
Local time: 03:14
Japanese to Latvian
+ ...
Oct 24, 2011

As I am working with several language pairs, I'm wondering if it's possible to create a combined glossary, for example, with legal terms. It would look like: language1 > language2 > language3 > language4. I am working with OmegaT+ and I have no idea if it will recognize such glossary file. I thank you all in advance for your advice.

Direct link Reply with quote

Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:14
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
Not OmegaT+ Oct 24, 2011

This forum is for OmegaT, not OmegaT+, which is a different product. I think they have their own yahoo users' group.
(Sorry if this is a repeat post. The first time it didn't seem to "take.")

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:14
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
OmegaT+ help... Oct 24, 2011

ilzeilze wrote:
I am working with OmegaT+...

OmegaT+ split off from OmegaT a long time ago, and the glossary function of OmegaT has developed substantially in the mean time. For OmegaT+ queries, visit their web site:
http://omegatplus.sourceforge.net/
or join their user group:
http://groups.google.com/group/omegatplus

I'm wondering if it's possible to create a combined glossary, for example, with legal terms. It would look like: language1 > language2 > language3 > language4.

OmegaT's native glossary format is language-independent, so any glossary present in a project will be used for it, no matter what the source language. Also, the native format has only three columns, in which the third column is a comment column.

OmegaT also supports TBX (to some extend), which allows one to have multiple languages in a single file, and specify the languages per term, but I'm not sure if OmegaT's TBX support supports that. You can ask on the OmegaT user group: OmegaT@yahoogroups.com.

OmegaT+ does not support TBX at this time:
http://omegatplus.sourceforge.net/doc/Essentials.html#gloss
but its native glossary format is similar to that of OmegaT.

[Edited at 2011-10-24 12:35 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Large glossary with several target columns

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search