OmegaT doesn't produce correct docx file
Thread poster: veratek

veratek
Brazil
Local time: 15:07
French to English
+ ...
May 21, 2012

Hi,

I was working on two docx files from the same client in one OmegaT project. However, for file fff, when I try to generate the final translated document, it does, but then I get this error from Word 2010:
=========
The file fff cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.

Details - le nom placé dans la balise de fin d'élément doit correspondre au type d'élément de la balise de début.

Location: part: /word/document.xml, line: 2, column 89307
=========

The original files were "doc," I saved them as "docx" with compatibility on, and then opened them in OmegaT (not that this might necessarily be relevant, but it's what I did).

Does this mean that it's a "balise" for formatting text in OmegaT? Or some other thing?

Does anyone know what this is and how the problem can be solved?

I tried this test: I made a copy of the fff document, created a new OmegaT project, imported the copy fff file with the translation memory, and started just confirming the text from the memory into the translated text. I did it for 10 paragraphs and was able to generate a Word final file correctly, so I continued about half way through the document. When I tried to generate the final translated file again, I got the same error as in my original translation.

Thanks a bunch for any help.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:07
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Validate tags May 21, 2012

veratek wrote:

I was working on two docx files from the same client in one OmegaT project. However, for file fff, when I try to generate the final translated document, it does, but then I get this error from Word 2010:
=========
The file fff cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.

Details - le nom placé dans la balise de fin d'élément doit correspondre au type d'élément de la balise de début.

Location: part: /word/document.xml, line: 2, column 89307
=========

The original files were "doc," I saved them as "docx" with compatibility on, and then opened them in OmegaT (not that this might necessarily be relevant, but it's what I did).

Does this mean that it's a "balise" for formatting text in OmegaT? Or some other thing?

Does anyone know what this is and how the problem can be solved?

Outils > Valider les balises, and correct any issue mentioned.

Didier


Direct link Reply with quote
 


There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »


OmegaT doesn't produce correct docx file

Advanced search






Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search