Opening files to translate
Thread poster: dougjkelly
Mar 20, 2013

I'm having trouble opening a new project to translate. I go through the process to create a new project, then I get to the point where I import the files for translation. The window with 'Project Files' opens with the selected files for import and nothing happens. According to the instruction manual I should then go autmatically to commence the translation but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:48
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
file format Mar 20, 2013

Is your source document in a format that OmegaT supports? E.g., not .doc but rather .docx

Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:48
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
sorry for double post - system didn't respond Mar 20, 2013

[Edited at 2013-03-20 17:05 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-03-20 17:06 GMT]

dougjkelly
TOPIC STARTER
I've worked it out now Mar 21, 2013

Thanks for your suggestion.
The editor mini-window thing was closed. I don't know why it was closed and it doesn't say anything about the fact it can close. For any other newbies who encounter a similar problem, if you click on the bottom there are some tabs like 'dictionar', 'glossary' etc. Click on the 'editor' one.

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:48
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
You can also use Restore Main Window Mar 21, 2013

dougjkelly wrote:
The editor mini-window thing was closed. I don't know why it was closed and it doesn't say anything about the fact it can close. For any other newbies who encounter a similar problem, if you click on the bottom there are some tabs like 'dictionar', 'glossary' etc. Click on the 'editor' one.

In case you have lost some panes, etc., you can always get back to a standard situation by using Options > Restore Main Window.

Didier

dougjkelly
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 25, 2013

Didier Briel wrote:

dougjkelly wrote:

In case you have lost some panes, etc., you can always get back to a standard situation by using Options > Restore Main Window.

Didier

Thanks for the infoicon_smile.gif

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Opening files to translate

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search