TMX too large [Solved]
Thread poster: Harklas

Harklas
Local time: 03:57
Jul 10, 2013

I loaded a very large TMX file and got the result that OmegaT would close and that I could increase the memory it could use by opening the command-line interface and write:

java -XmxM -jar OmegaT.jar

where "Size" is the size of the memory OmegaT is allowed to use (494 by default)

I tried it, choosing size 1000, and got the result "File not found". I went to the directory where OmegaT.jar is located and tried again but got the same result.

But when I started OmegaT (still loaded with that humongous TMX) it suddenly worked! To experiment, I changed the Size down to 100, and now OmegaT didn't work anymore. And when I changed it up to 1000 again it worked again.

So the command works, it's just DOS that insists on replying "File not found" when I use it

So I don't have a problem anymore, just posting this here in case it helps someoneicon_smile.gif

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:57
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Under Windows, you can edit OmegaT.l4J.ini Jul 10, 2013

Harklas wrote:

I loaded a very large TMX file and got the result that OmegaT would close and that I could increase the memory it could use by opening the command-line interface and write:

java -XmxM -jar OmegaT.jar

Under Windows, you can edit OmegaT.l4J.ini, which is located at the same location as OmegaT.jar, and update the memory allocation there.

Didier

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

TMX too large [Solved]

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search