I'm trying to translate InDesign IDML files with OmegaT, and I can't get it to work. Any guru out there willing to give me a hand? Thanks in advance!
This is what I know / vaguely understand;
- OmegaT seems to work fine with MS Word docx, so i'm guessing OmegaT is installed properly.
- The InDesign file in the source folder was converted to IDML using InDesign CC6
- It's a rather large file, and most of the links are validated with the exception of a couple of images (seem to be IStock pictures and therefore I'm guessing the licence is held on my client's computer)
- I have downloaded the Okapi plugin called "okapi-pluginForOmegaT_all-platforms_0.23.zip" from here:
and I copied the .jar files into the "plugins" folder of my OmegaT installation
- I've also downloaded Rainbow, and executed the installation file, but I can't see it in the OmegaT installation (not sure where to look for it though, to be fair!).
You cannot see Rainbow in the OmegaT installation, as it has nothing to do with OmegaT. Rainbow is an independent software that may create OmegaT projects.
I get the following error(s) when I try and open the IDML file in OmegaT:
"Failed to load specified project!
java.io.IOException: "*path to document.idml*"
net.sf.okapi.common.exeptions.OkapiIOException: Error while gathering stories
The spread 'Sprteads/Spread_u5a95.xml' is larger than the defined threshold (1000Kb)."
The only option is then to click "ok", and eventually I get another error:
"Unable to read project file - java.Lang.NullPointerException"
You should mention that error in the Okapi support group:
That said, if you post in the OmegaT group, people from Okapi are also monitoring that group:
I can't seem to do much with Rainbow (don't know if you're even supposed to try...),
Rainbow allows to create OmegaT project.
But if the filter fails in the Okapi plugin in OmegaT, it may fail in Rainbow too.
it comes up with the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
Again, this is a question for the Okapi group.