Fuzzy glossary matches; AutoText
Thread poster: MikeTrans

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 05:41
Italian to German
+ ...
Dec 12, 2013

Hello,
I'm trying out the 3.07 version with all TMs and glossary files at the right place to start a project. I've sent 4 txt files in the glossary folder (UTF-8), the entries also show up during translation, but no fuzzy matches, and no fuzzy tab as seen in some videos / screenshots. I've tried out different file extensions for my glossaries, txt, utf8 and tab, but nothing changes.

Do I still need to load the latest Tokenizer?

AutoText:
Is there a shortcut that brings me directly to Tools > Auto-complete > Autotext , if I want to add entries on the fly?

Thanks very much,
Mike

[Edited at 2013-12-12 02:21 GMT]


 

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:41
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Enable TransTips… Dec 12, 2013

…to get more glossary matches. And yes, make sure a tokenizer is loaded (check the project properties).

 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:41
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Several answers Dec 12, 2013

MikeTrans wrote:
I'm trying out the 3.07 version with all TMs and glossary files at the right place to start a project. I've sent 4 txt files in the glossary folder (UTF-8), the entries also show up during translation, but no fuzzy matches,

Fuzzy matches are not related to glossaries, only to translations memories in the /tm folder and translation entered directly in the project.

and no fuzzy tab as seen in some videos / screenshots.

If you do not see the fuzzy match pane/tab, use Options > Restore Main Window.

I've tried out different file extensions for my glossaries, txt, utf8 and tab, but nothing changes.

See above, glossaries are not related to fuzzy matches.

Do I still need to load the latest Tokenizer?

All latest tokenizers are integrated in 3.0.7.


AutoText:
Is there a shortcut that brings me directly to Tools > Auto-complete > Autotext , if I want to add entries on the fly?

Under Windows and Linux, you can use Alt+o, u, a. (It's in Options, not in Tools.)
You can also create your own direct shortcut. See Appendix H. Shortcuts customization in the manual.

Didier


 

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:41
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Not really Dec 12, 2013

Didier Briel wrote:

Fuzzy matches are not related to glossaries, only to translations memories in the /tm folder and translation entered directly in the project.


Didier, while we don’t use ‘fuzzy matches’ for the glossaries, other CAT tools use it in their parlance for what we get using TransTips + tokenizers, i. e. getting glossary matches for inflected word forms with only the basic form present in the glossary.


 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:41
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
It depends Dec 12, 2013

esperantisto wrote:

Didier Briel wrote:

Fuzzy matches are not related to glossaries, only to translations memories in the /tm folder and translation entered directly in the project.


Didier, while we don’t use ‘fuzzy matches’ for the glossaries, other CAT tools use it in their parlance for what we get using TransTips + tokenizers, i. e. getting glossary matches for inflected word forms with only the basic form present in the glossary.

I know, but MikeTrans was speaking also of the "fuzzy match tab", so I thought it was better to clarify in case of ambiguity.

Didier


 

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 05:41
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, it works now... Dec 12, 2013

Thank you, esperantisto, Didier, for your answers.

I'm well aware that fuzzy matches are related to TM (this will not be my first cat tool), but instead I meant the fuzzy recognition when glossary matches are displayed - and only those.

Also, sorry to confuse with the Fuzzy match tab, I could swear that in some video I've seen it in the glossary pane and not related to TM, but most probably I am wrong.

Now it works!
In the project properties, my default "Source tokenizer behavior" for EN-DE is "Lucene current" for EN-US, and "Lucene 3.0" for DE-DE.
Do the other drop-down settings have important or special impacts for the display of terms?

Also I now have found the youtube channels and the links in the change logs for helping me.

Thanks,
Mike


 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:41
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
No other settings Dec 12, 2013

MikeTrans wrote:
In the project properties, my default "Source tokenizer behavior" for EN-DE is "Lucene current" for EN-US, and "Lucene 3.0" for DE-DE.
Do the other drop-down settings have important or special impacts for the display of terms?

No.
The target tokenizer settings can impact spell-checking.

In TransTips, you can enable "Exact Match", which will of course impact what words are underlined (but that won't change items in the Glossary pane).

Didier


 


There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »


Fuzzy glossary matches; AutoText

Advanced search






SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search