Is is possible to customize the color ?
Thread poster: Pierret Adrien

Pierret Adrien  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:27
Chinese to French
+ ...
May 7, 2014

The default colors (especially the bright background) proposed by the software can be quite painful to the eye on long working days, but I haven't found a way to customize the display. Is there a tweak or a workaround to do this?
If not possible yet, would it be possible to make it a feature request?


 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:27
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Pierret May 7, 2014

Pierret Adrien wrote:
The default colors (especially the bright background) proposed by the software can be quite painful to the eye on long working days, but I haven't found a way to customize the display.


This was discussed in 2006 and again in 2008 and recently again in February, when it was proposed by one of the developers that display colour settings be made available to users in an INI file.

One current option is to change the colours of all windows (if you're using Microsoft Windows). Alternatively, [1] [2] you can try to edit the source code and recompile the program (if you can figure out where in the code to change the colours).



[Edited at 2014-05-07 06:29 GMT]


 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:27
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Try the Moenizer plugin May 7, 2014

Pierret Adrien wrote:
The default colors (especially the bright background) proposed by the software can be quite painful to the eye on long working days, but I haven't found a way to customize the display. Is there a tweak or a workaround to do this?

You can try the Moenizer plugin:
http://pt.sourceforge.jp/users/yu-tang/pf/Moenizer/wiki/FrontPage

With it, you can change the background.

If not possible yet, would it be possible to make it a feature request?

It's always possible to make a feature request:
https://sourceforge.net/p/omegat/feature-requests/

Didier


 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:27
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Moenizer plugin May 7, 2014

Didier Briel wrote:
You can try the Moenizer plugin:
http://pt.sourceforge.jp/users/yu-tang/pf/Moenizer/wiki/FrontPage
With it, you can change the background.


You can add a background image, yes (Moenizer fades it a bit). However, in the latest version of OmegaT, Moenizer doesn't affect the Quick Start screen nor does it affect the Edit pane. It affects only the window borders and the Glossary and Fuzzy Match panes.


 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:27
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
I will check why May 7, 2014

Samuel Murray wrote:

Didier Briel wrote:
You can try the Moenizer plugin:
http://pt.sourceforge.jp/users/yu-tang/pf/Moenizer/wiki/FrontPage
With it, you can change the background.


You can add a background image, yes (Moenizer fades it a bit). However, in the latest version of OmegaT, Moenizer doesn't affect the Quick Start screen nor does it affect the Edit pane. It affects only the window borders and the Glossary and Fuzzy Match panes.

You're right, it doesn't affect the Edit pane.

I'll ask why.

Didier


 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:27
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
That's fixed May 7, 2014

Didier Briel wrote:

Samuel Murray wrote:

Didier Briel wrote:
You can try the Moenizer plugin:
http://pt.sourceforge.jp/users/yu-tang/pf/Moenizer/wiki/FrontPage
With it, you can change the background.


You can add a background image, yes (Moenizer fades it a bit). However, in the latest version of OmegaT, Moenizer doesn't affect the Quick Start screen nor does it affect the Edit pane. It affects only the window borders and the Glossary and Fuzzy Match panes.

You're right, it doesn't affect the Edit pane.

I'll ask why.

Yu Tang has already fixed the issue:
http://sourceforge.jp/users/yu-tang/pf/Moenizer/files/?id=4553

Didier


 


There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »


Is is possible to customize the color ?

Advanced search






SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search