+ ...
May 6, 2015

Hello,

I am new to OmegaT and I would like to know how to calculate these:

WORD COUNT: Repetitions      
100 - 95%      
94-75%      
74% - No match      

The agency didn't send a TM with the doc to translate.
I opened the statistics at the end of the translation but it says "0" for everything. I know some words were repeated.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:41
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
statistics May 6, 2015

I don't know what you mean by "I opened statistics," but if you're in the document in OmegaT and you've saved the file and "created document" (ctrl S cntrl D), then click Tools > Match Statistics and you will surely find them.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:41
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Repeated "words" are actually repeated segments May 7, 2015

Rita Levoni Bemposti wrote:
The agency didn't send a TM with the doc to translate. I opened the statistics at the end of the translation but it says "0" for everything. I know some words were repeated.

The "repetitions" count shows the number of words in repeating segments. Does your text have repeating words inside segments that are otherwise different from each other, or does your text have multiple segments that are identical to each other?

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Repetition and match: how to calculate with OmegaT

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search