+ ...
May 6, 2015

Hello,

I am new to OmegaT and I would like to know how to calculate these:

WORD COUNT: Repetitions      
100 - 95%      
94-75%      
74% - No match      

The agency didn't send a TM with the doc to translate.
I opened the statistics at the end of the translation but it says "0" for everything. I know some words were repeated.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:00
Russian to English
+ ...
statistics May 6, 2015

I don't know what you mean by "I opened statistics," but if you're in the document in OmegaT and you've saved the file and "created document" (ctrl S cntrl D), then click Tools > Match Statistics and you will surely find them.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:00
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Repeated "words" are actually repeated segments May 7, 2015

Rita Levoni Bemposti wrote:
The agency didn't send a TM with the doc to translate. I opened the statistics at the end of the translation but it says "0" for everything. I know some words were repeated.

The "repetitions" count shows the number of words in repeating segments. Does your text have repeating words inside segments that are otherwise different from each other, or does your text have multiple segments that are identical to each other?

Xabier Armendaritz

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Repetition and match: how to calculate with OmegaT

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »